• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hellsing Ultimate?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thanatos01s2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Alright so I just watched hellsing ultimate vol. 1 last night and I am very dissapointed. It is nothing but a recap of episodes 1-5 of the hellsing series. I don't get it, is that how the entire 3 ovas will be? or will they follow the manga and be completely different then the series. I am very pissed that I spent $45 on this rehash disc.

Anybody care to enlighten me?

[EDIT: Removed the "WTF" because it seemed uncalled for. -TK]
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Three OVAs? Uh, dude, it's going to follow the entire manga at a rate of an episode per volume, meaning there will be ten episodes easily, if not more in order to add in material from The Dawn.

And yeah, it is following the manga. The TV series also followed the manga up until volume 2. So obviously there's going to be some overlap while Ultimate's producers create a version of the first two volumes not cluttered with crappy animation, unnecessary Alucard "bishie" moments, and irritating Seras angst (like the kind the TV series drowned itself in). After Ultimate episode 2, however, the OVA will diverge as it goes down the Millennium Arc (which the TV series never got to).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Well there's been numerous threads on the series where this was discussed, and they stated it would do as Nagisa explained when they first announced the creation of the series. A little bit of research before you buy can go a long way.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Well there's been numerous threads on the series where this was discussed, and they stated it would do as Nagisa explained when they first announced the creation of the series. A little bit of research before you buy can go a long way.

Like this one that was located on the next page? I blame it on all the threads I had to lock yesterday.
Thanatos01s2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Kruszer wrote:

Like this one that was located on the next page? I blame it on all the threads I had to lock yesterday.

Yeah I saw that thread, but now I wish I hadn't bought vol. 1. I am definately going to put it on ebay, this is pretty lame. I am not going to spend $20 every several months for a 50 minute episode. Especially if there are alot, like nagisa suggested. This is very disappointing, I will just buy the $6 mangas, in this case.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1