• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Nintendo Reveals New 2DS Portable Console

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:52 pm Reply with quote
The 2DS looks ridiculous in my opinion lol..., like who designed it haha?! The wiiU bundle is great, thought i'm kinda bummed out that the game is digital but its basically free, so can't complain (though I will prob buy a wiiU and the game separately to have the physical copy hehe)
Kerberous

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Your move Sony. Though, I doubt the Vita will get another price drop so soon.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Kerberous wrote:

I thought the Vita just got a price drop last week?
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Of course Nintendo changes their mind and drops the price of the Wii U. And I just bought one last Friday. Sad Oh well, hopefully it'll help the console's struggling sales.
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Japan isn't getting a Wii U price drop, is it? I still need to buy a Japanese one... which won't be for a while, even if I got the NA price-dropped one, anyway, but still.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:
Kerberous wrote:

I thought the Vita just got a price drop last week?

Sony have a dual handheld strategy with the Vita and the cutdown PSP. I suspect nintendo will kill the DS soon and have 3DS and 2DS
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:36 pm Reply with quote
I don't see the point of getting a new one.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Price dropping on Wii U Deluxe version would definitely spurn the gamers to buy this system, me included. Very Happy
king 47

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
IchigoKurosakiHollowfi wrote:
I so want this system. Even tho I hardly played my black wii u.
I want to play wind waker in HD. Very Happy

When is the LoZ system coming out???? September 20??

At this point it should be Full HD. The Wii U is, despite its comparative lack of power, a "next gen" console. This is, finally, the generation of 1920*1080. Anything less is for the previous generation.

The original game was in 480, right? Going to 720 from that is not a vast improvement, especially considering how much time has past and how much technology has advanced...especially when the now-ubiquitous 1080 has more than twice the detail of 720.

Though I fear that Full HD, like The Internet, is something that Nintendo might still not fully understand: the Wii U is their first truly "HD capable" console.

It is 1080p 60fps. It comes free with the bundle system two weeks before release. And if ordered from Gamestop, it will come with Ganandorf figurine. I think it's a pretty good deal, considering it's an awesome game.
Momokochan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:48 pm Reply with quote
wtf, the 3DS already is a 2DS.
You can turn off the 3D, you knew that right nintendo?

Nintendo...It has a switch, on the right side of the screen...
no no the other side, the right side.
yes , no, down!
yes that, that one... now slice it down, ok you got it!
no more 3D! it wasn't so hard was it?

Now, the price drop on the WIIU is the good, sensible and logical news. Totally buying one now.
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Momokochan wrote:
wtf, the 3DS already is a 2DS.
You can turn off the 3D, you knew that right nintendo?

Nintendo...It has a switch, on the right side of the screen...
no no the other side, the right side.
yes , no, down!
yes that, that one... now slice it down, ok you got it!
no more 3D! it wasn't so hard was it?

Now, the price drop on the WIIU is the good, sensible and logical news. Totally buying one now.

I can be snarky, too!

"Hey kids! We've got a 3DS, and the 3D features are cool and you probably want to try them out because they're cool and you're curious and probably will find it cool if you try it out, since you're kids and don't know the concept of a 'gimmick,' but DON'T TRY IT OUT. It's bad for your eyes because you're kids. You don't understand what the difference is between kids' eyes and grown-ups' eyes, so you probably don't care and will try it out, but NO."

Or in more realistic terms,

"Hey, parents! Your kid wants a 3DS, but you've heard how bad it can be for their eyes? Well, we've got a child-proof 2DS that won't be bad for them. And the hinges won't break because it has none. And it's cheaper!"

I personally love the 3D, and find it to surpass the level of "gimmick" when the game actually utilizes it for the experience, but this is a good idea in theory. Now, it's up to the real test of whether this convinces enough people to purchase it or not.
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:01 pm Reply with quote
So close! If it had hinges, I would've been all over that! 3DS without the pesky 3D bit? Awesome! No hinges? Oooh.... no thanks, I need hinges. Ever since I got my GBASP and learned the joy of backlight and hinges, I can't go back to no hinges (ie no good way to put it in a pocket)

So I've no plans, but this would be good for parents who don't want to use the 3D anyway and want a cheaper option.

Still not sold on a Wii U, gonna need more than Earthbound on the VC and a remake of a game I've already played.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:06 pm Reply with quote
I could put my Gameboy Color in my pocket. Hell, in some pockets I could put my original gray brick Gameboy in my pocket.

Does everybody just have tiny pockets now or something?
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:58 pm Reply with quote
The 2DS is actually a perfect fit for me. I didn't care much for the 3D technology, and having experienced the annoyance of having the hinge break on my original DS, this new design is actually right up my alley (the lack of pocket portability sucks, but tbh, usually whenever I'm in a situation where I'd like to bring a handheld with me in my pocket, my pockets are already full with my wallet, cell phone and keys). And of course, the 3DS library of games looks great too, so that doesn't hurt.

As for the Wii U, well, after my general disappointment with the Wii, I'll be waiting a while to see what titles come out first. The HD graphics look stellar, but there's got to be some great software first to convince me to pick one up.
Little_Hawk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:07 pm Reply with quote
So, basically this is the Nokia version of the 3DS. I understand completely, my little brother already snapped my previous DS. My only problem is that it looks bulky to carry around, but that can easily be overcome with a backpack.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3