• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Namco Bandai Games to Release Soul Calibur 2 HD Online Game

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:25 pm Reply with quote
No Wii U means no Link, no Link means who cares?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
j Talbain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Gamecube version was the best version. Can't believe no Wii U port...
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:37 pm Reply with quote
You know, seeing as how Tekken has gone multiplatform, they could technically put Heihachi on all of the systems...
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
People who actually like good games and not little novelties.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:14 pm Reply with quote
No Link made the game good it sucked other wise.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
No Link made the game good it sucked other wise.
So one character who dosen't even play that much different then other characters in the game and still uses the same mechanics and rules of the game makes the game good.

And without that character, the game sucks even though it's basically still the same game with the same mechanics that the character was in?

Nevermind that this character is'nt even that good in the actual game.

Yep, that sounds smart. You're so right.

No, Soul Calibur 2 is a great game, one of the best of the series. Sorry that you I guess just suck at the game. But 2 is in no way a bad fighter.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
RazzBerrieCharm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Soul Calibur 2 is a great game, one of the best of the series.

Which is why I'M buying it. This game was the reason I even got to own the Gamecube, regardless of Link being in there(heck I didn't even know he was until I got the game...).

Besides, after SCV came out, I miss bitch/shield slapping with Cassandra....
Forte-sama

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:35 pm Reply with quote
I personally think that Soul Calibur 2 was good on every platform, but I also think that that little blurb should be removed from the article, as it goes without saying that Link won't appear on anything that isn't a Nintendo platform. The way that ANN has it worded could be taken, by some, that Link could appear on either the Xbox 360 version or the PlayStation 3 version of the game and Namco Bandai simply hasn't said anything.
corinthian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Forte-sama wrote:
I personally think that Soul Calibur 2 was good on every platform, but I also think that that little blurb should be removed from the article, as it goes without saying that Link won't appear on anything that isn't a Nintendo platform. The way that ANN has it worded could be taken, by some, that Link could appear on either the Xbox 360 version or the PlayStation 3 version of the game and Namco Bandai simply hasn't said anything.

It may go without saying, but the thing about news organizations is that until it is explicitly said it has to be treated as an omission rather than an implicit rejection.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:02 pm Reply with quote
corinthian wrote:
Forte-sama wrote:

It may go without saying, but the thing about news organizations is that until it is explicitly said it has to be treated as an omission rather than an implicit rejection.

Thats like saying that if Nintendo announced a new Zelda game but didn't announce the platform yet, it might be on Xbox One or PS4.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:36 pm Reply with quote
I'll admit I got Soul Caliber Legends for the Wii solely because it had Llyod from Tales of Symphonia, that said the game was bad with or without him.

Also for the five people who actually burned money and bought a Wii U, quiet your whining. The Wii U is all but dead, no AAA developer wants to bring out anything for it, hell entire game engines are skipping it, and well at least you have remake of Windwaker coming, and game that looks just fine on the gamecube.

Stop acting indignant when games are not released for the system. You bought a poorly designed, marketed, and just poorly everything system, and then cry and look around in amazement why nothing comes out for it. Its only going to get worse when the PS4 and Xone drop.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:34 am Reply with quote
Pity that Link won't be around this time, I've played all three versions and he was definitely the most exciting character.

SC2 was a great game though. I'm not sure if I'll buy the HD remake but glad to see it get some more time in the spotlight.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:22 am Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:
People who actually like good games and not little novelties.

Well im pretty sure people bought the 4th game only for darth vader. So Im sure people bought the 2nd game for link. Thats what SC is about. There is no way link will appear on the ps3, so who cares about an old game, especially if the main character that guaranteed sales is absent?
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:

Well im pretty sure people bought the 4th game only for darth vader. So Im sure people bought the 2nd game for link. Thats what SC is about. There is no way link will appear on the ps3, so who cares about an old game, especially if the main character that guaranteed sales is absent?

What the hell are you talking about? People buy Soul Calibur because its a good game.

No one bought Soul Calibur 4 because it had Darth Vader, thats for sure. Nope, people think his and all the other Star Wars characters appearance is stupid. Maybe Nintendo Fanboys bought SC2 for because of Link, but people on the PS2 and Xbox bought the game just as well, and it sure wasn't because of Link.

To imply that people buy these games because of guest characters proves how dumb you are. People bought SC1 because it was a fantastic game, thats the reason it's well regarded as one of the best Dreamcast games and thats why 2 was anticipated. You simply don'y know what you are talking about.

SC is about guest characters? Ok, you're freaking wrong as can be. Yep Link is the one the gurantee's sales. Thats why Edge, 1,2(on the other systems),3, and 4 sold so well. Yep because they all had Link in it...

Who cares about an old game? Um are you dense? Aren't you posting in Symphonia HD threads? How about FFXHD threads? Don't you want Vesperia PS3? Um you seem to care about old games. And people who like classic games that are good care about games, especially one of the best Soul Calibur games.

Last edited by Rahxephon91 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Anger Management Issues^
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2