• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discotek Adds 1994 Japanese-American Mega Man TV Show

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:56 pm Reply with quote
GVman wrote:
On another note, Proto Man has also been called Break Man in some of the older translations of Megaman games.

I'm sure most know this since it was used on all versions of Mega Man 3.
Hitokiri Kenshin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:05 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:

Anyway, that cartoon was realy bad. It wasn't anything like the games. Rush talked like Scooby Doo, Blues was evil and working for Wily for no discernible reason when he's a good guy in the games. They tried to make Roll some "girl power" stereotype but still made her weapons like vacuum cleaners and cooking pans which might have been a parody of the whole 'girl power' thing I dunno, but it was pretty silly and self-defeating of the whole issue.

I'd rather they release EXE and Ryuusei uncut and subbed here, but I guess that's too wishful thinking.

I can explain why they made Proto-Man a bad guy. They wanted Mega Man to have a rival. Problem was it was 1994, and Bass wouldn't be introduced until Mega Man VII came out in 1995. So, likely from seeing the premise of Proto-Man being a bad guy in Mega Man V (without seeing in the game, he was framed by Wily) he was elected to be the rival. Heard a rumor that had there been a proper third season Bass would've came in the show and Proto-Man would've became a good guy.

At least see Mr. McNeil as Wily and Proto-Man is cool.
GVman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Talk about versatility.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3