• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Naruto, Dragon Ball, One Piece, Toriko Featured in 1st J-Stars Victory Vs. Game Ad

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grooven

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:01 pm Reply with quote
This looks really cool! I hope for Hunter x Hunter, Gintama and Death Note Smile
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:03 pm Reply with quote
If Capcom of all companies can somehow get Tatsunoko vs Capcom to come to America, I have my optimism on this game.

Would love to see Kenshiro, Arale Norimaki, Yusuke Urameshi, Yoh Asakura, Kenshin Himura, and Yugi Muto (not just using his cards, but actual Shadow Games-based moves like in the early manga) in the roster.
StrawHat313

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:04 pm Reply with quote
The game looks a little too dark, it needs a little rise on the brightness level. I'm guessing like most fighting games this game will get graphic updates to it as it gets closer to release.

Hopefully the game gets some good characters like Oga Tatsumi, Bossun, and Gintoki Sakata. I know it won't get localized, but if the roster is good enough then I'll gladly localize. If it has all 3 of these characters then I'm buying for both Vita and PS3.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:26 pm Reply with quote
I feel bad for Bleach that it got replaced by something as fence-sitting as Toriko. As a foodie, I rather despise Toriko, as an avid Bleach reader, I still consider it to be above Toriko, and if I were Kubo, I wouldn't be able to help feeling like I was slapped in the face. >.>
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Might actually have to import this since there's little chance of it getting brought over. Can't wait to see just how big the roster gets.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:01 pm Reply with quote
I hope to see Oga and Gon added on later as well asspoiler[Kurosensei(alright fine I know he's not comming)]

the game looks decent graphic wise, though it is dark looking, can't wait to hear more about the roster![/spoiler]
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:17 pm Reply with quote
I always wonder why Goku is the only old-school character in these. They could include Saint Seiya, Yu Yu Hakusho, Ring ni Kakero and other classic stuff. Jump Super Stars is the only know I know who included some of them, but even that neglected Kakero and etcetera. I wonder if the creators didn't want their stuff in it or its a rights issue. Super Stars for the DS is probably the best we'll ever get to see all of them.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:47 pm Reply with quote
They are going to announce more characters in the future, so just give them some time. I imagine we should see Kenshin and others in this, I wouldn't be surprised if Korosensei is a character in this actually. I think he could work as a character.
hojo 360

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Ill import Cool
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:13 am Reply with quote
does Goku's Japanese voice make anyone else laugh? just can't take it seriously.
perroloco

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:17 am Reply with quote
@titan XL

Well to be fair they try to use most of the recent stuff to promote it, as for Saint Seiya being included I am pretty certain it will be included, lots of fans outside of Japan would import to play as Seiya..

Ss had the Hades OVAs to promote back when Jump Ultimate stars came, I also have a theory that they put Taikobo as a playable character to promote the release of the kanzenban version, in fact lots of additions in JUS had kanzenbans at that time, I's instead of Video Girl, Saint Seiya kanzenban was also published around thst time.. So it was the marketing that probably decided what charcaters/series would get representation in JUS ( and votes, they also asked for reader votes)
So instead of giving a slot to Ryuji of Ringkake (which had the anime adaptations like once every 3 years and had Rin ni kakero 2 in Young Jump or other magazine) they gave it to Saint Seiya (which in 2005-2006 had the OVAs, kanzenbans, some PS2 games and recently had been in movie theaters, recently like 2 years ago recently..)

Goku is the only character that has appeared in all JUMP crossovers (the 2 NES games and the 2 DS, I dont count DON), why would they not include him in this one too?
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:41 am Reply with quote
Goku is also a cultural icon and someone that even people who don't watch anime or read manga knows, kinda like a Mario. He'll always get included in these things.
flackenstien

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:47 am Reply with quote
Kurokami Medaka should be in here.
Korosensei would be cool too.

That would make me want a SONY console more than I already do. (Which isn't saying much, because that still leaves my Sony-Want-Percentage in the negatives.)
DarkLordDragon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:39 am Reply with quote
I personally think they should add legendary anime characters like

Pegasus Seiya & Kenshiro

I would always wanted to see a fight between Gold Saints (Gemini Saga, Virgo Shaka...etc) vs DBZ Characters...

Jotaro is another great option
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tylerr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:24 am Reply with quote
annoys me that they didn't show any of the fighting system.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2