• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
trying to add Chokotto Sister anime

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lobotomoy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:25 pm Reply with quote
I tried to add the upcoming anime series Chokotto Sister to the encyclopedia using its official website as the reference http://www.chocosis.com/. When I pressed the submit button, the page displayed "We already have the exact same information!" even though I didn't see it listed under "C" anime titles. What is up?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:12 am Reply with quote
Educated guess: Someone else has submitted it, but it has yet to be approved.
lobotomoy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:27 pm Reply with quote
well, how long does it take to be added, usually? There was a headline about it on the main page in March of this year (http://animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8472). Now it is June, three months later and no one has bothered to enter it in. Do the admins not trust their sources, or are they just lazy? To be useful, an encyclopedia has to be up to date.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:35 pm Reply with quote
lobotomoy wrote:
well, how long does it take to be added, usually? There was a headline about it on the main page in March of this year (http://animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8472). Now it is June, three months later and no one has bothered to enter it in.

Months.

lobotomoy wrote:
Do the admins not trust their sources, or are they just lazy? To be useful, an encyclopedia has to be up to date.

True, but they are all volunteers, and there is a backlog of several hundred titles to be checked and approved.
woelfie
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:39 pm Reply with quote
This question has been raised a lot of times in the past, and the answer is always the same : ANN staff are volunteers, with daytime jobs, family, and whatever that may leave them very few time to work on the encyclopedia.

Just take a look at this treat. You'll understand.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:50 pm Reply with quote
At present, there isn't even a release date for the first episodes of the anime. The official site has a list of staff and cast, but it looks dreadfully rudimentary to me. We've used pre-release websites as confirmation of an anime's (probable, near-future, almost-certain) existence -- for example, Emma -- but they've had a lot more information. It comes down to reliability.

In other words, this anime could still turn out to be a bust. Although I have to say that I am one of the people eagerly looking forward to it, it seems premature to add it to the database.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1