• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Da Capo Second Season

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HetBaasje

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:23 am Reply with quote
First i want to say , I really liked Da Capo and Da Capo second season.
The only thing i though when i finished watching was, the story in Da Capo ss is exactly the same as in Da Capo, only then whit an other Character.
"just whit a little more explanation about the tree and how the magic works."
There didn't really happen new things or somthing.

How do u guys think about this?.

Beside of all that i liked Da Capo SS
daristar

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Well I liked DCSS and in general you're correct. However at least it has an ending. So they won't retread this to death.

Also it's a different view of magic, or rather the new girl's view is too simplistic and doesn't take everything into account.
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:02 pm Reply with quote
HetBaasje wrote:
First i want to say , I really liked Da Capo and Da Capo second season.
The only thing i though when i finished watching was, the story in Da Capo ss is exactly the same as in Da Capo, only then whit an other Character.
"just whit a little more explanation about the tree and how the magic works."
There didn't really happen new things or somthing.

How do u guys think about this?.

Beside of all that i liked Da Capo SS

Aside from the basic fact that D.C.S.S. is really just D.C. with a new female "antagnoist," and more useless characters, I liked S.S. a lot more than the original. If I had this anime instead of the original as the original, my overall opinion on the anime series as a whole would be better. The pacing was better and the episodic stories actually had some kind of connection to the overall story, even if Jun'ichi is a ridiculously awful character in this one.

I wish I could recommend this one instead of having to recommend the first one first, although if I do that, at least you'd be able to sympathize with Aisia more...

I swear though, the giggle scenes were as bad as they come...
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:13 pm Reply with quote
I finished Da Capo last month, while I'm currently watching DCSS ATM, with me at ep. 17.

I like the 2 series. While they're certainly not the best of their genre, I find it very enjoyable to watch. Mainly because I'm a sucker for romantic comedy/dramas. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Honestly, I think that maybe they shouldn't have included Aisia in DCSS. While I think her purpose in the story is fine & all, IMO she's getting WAY too much screen time. They could've shed some more light into the current remaining cast (particularly Maho or Suginami), since Nemu was absent at that point. Meaning, they could've gotten some much needed character development. Or, have one of the new members of the crew be more important, (particularly Tamaki, who seems more likely out of the 4 new girls to have an eye for Jun'ichi, IMO) & not just be there for the sake of being there. While they DID develop Kotori, I still see Maho, Miharu, and Moe as "wasted" characters. Especially Maho, since I really thought that she had alot of potential to become important in the series, making it her turn to shine.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1