• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Most anticipated anime/manga release of 2006.....?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:41 am Reply with quote
what's your personal most anticipated/awaited anime or manga release for this year? from the looks, there's going to be alot of good stuff this year! can't wait! Very Happy

my most anticipated release (for manga) has to be Neon Genesis Evangelion: Angelic Days . It sounds like a great new take on EVA. It also grabs at me, because romance (one of it's central plot types this retelling) is one of my favorite things in an anime/manga; who knows? maybe this could even surpass chrono crusade for most dramatic ending?

and as far as anime, i can't WAIT for the FMA movie, Conqueror of Shambala, to come stateside. This is partially due to the fact that Funimation scooped it up, so the movie will have the voices i loved throught the series too! it was a great film, can't WAIT!!!!!

what about you all? what are you looking forward too?
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:02 am Reply with quote
For me, the most anticipated anime of 2006 has already arrived. Ever since I first heard of Fate/stay night back around 2004, I've been wanting to see an anime produced of it. And more to the point, an anime that did the story justice, unlike what happened with Type-Moon's other big hit, Tsukihime (a decent enough anime, but it cut out more than half of the actual story). And thus far, in combining many of the best elements of the game's three main scenarios (well, two of them at the moment and hinting at the third) in a way that flows together really well, as well as providing better than average animation and an outstanding voice cast, the Fate/stay night TV series has done just that.

And in a way, I guess you could say that my most anticipated manga (or just general print) release of 2006 has already arrived, as well. Namely, the manga and novels of the Boogiepop franchise. Simply put, Boogiepop Phantom is quite easily one of my all-time favourite anime titles (realistically, I'd say #2 just under Haibane Renmei), and since I first saw the series about some...three or four-ish years ago, I've been dying to see the books translated into English. And the various tidbits I'd pick up around the internet about plot twists and such in some of the books has only led to me anticipating them even more. And thus far (some 50-60 pages into the first book), it has not disappointed in the least.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:21 am Reply with quote
Anime; I'll second the FMA movie. It was just a matter of time but at least now it's official. And also Final Fantasy Advent Children. I loved the video game and I've been waiting for the movie ever since I heard they were making it, which was years ago.

Manga; I guess I'd have to say the final English volumes of Rurouni Kenshin and Ranma 1/2. I just picked up RuroKen #24 today and I couldn't put it down, now I just can't wait to finish the series the way Watsuki did. And I've been collecting Ranma for years now and, if Viz continues with their usual trend, the final volume should be out in November.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:11 am Reply with quote
Anime: As a Type Moon fan I was really looking forward to Fate/Stay Night and I am enjoying it very much. For U.S. releases, I am looking forward to Eureka Seven. From what I've read, it looks very interesting. It's also suprising that it's coming out so soon as the series is still airing in Japan and will probably have just finished when the first volume comes out here. I'm also looking forward to My-HiME and Moon Phase, both of which I have already seen but am eagerly awaiting for the DVDs.

Manga: I'm eagerly waiting for the release of Aishiteruze Baby. I loved the anime and can't wait for the manga. While it isn't manga, I am also looking forward to the Scrapped Princess novels. I loved the anime and really want to read the novels it was based on.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:56 am Reply with quote
I am going to have to third the nod for the FMA movie I recently had the chance to watch the sub version (R2) and I was very impressed. I can't wait to hear my favorite come back and hopefully see this in theaters.
I am kinda interested in seeing how speed grapher turns up when they finally dub that, and of course (although this has been beaten over an over) Final Fantasy Advent Children Dub. With the VA finally being released I have something to look forward to since I realy enjoy Crispin Freeman and also Steven Blum as Vincent.
Overall I am hoping that Monster gets licensed and released hopefully this year even though that is a long shot of both happening at all.
Manga, I've only started reading Manga not to long ago and that is Monster. It's my way of supporting the show since I can't buy R1 dvds of the show, and hopefully some company will take a chance on that series. Other Manga I am looking forward to....well it's not really a Manga but .Hack AI Buster vol 3. I am a big fan of the entire .Hack series and these novels really provide a layer of depth and meaning to the story. Characters like Balmung and Orca get their origins in these novels, and it provides a look at what happens after LOTT series.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Gauss

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:17 pm Reply with quote
About Eureka7. I'm actually more surprised it's taking this long. It's a project where a US distributor was involved in it's production. I would've thought it would be in their interests to get it out as soon as possible to keep fansubbing to a minimum (it was after all already licensed from the start).

On the manga front I'm looking forward to the Suzuka manga. I really liked the anime which is based on the same manga. I already know what happens since the anime followed the original closely, but it speaks of the strength of the story that I would like a high quality printed release too (as opposed to the decidely inferior quality of available scanlations).
NeonGEvangelion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Most anticipated Anime for 2006 has to be for me Eureka 7. It captured my attention long ago, too bad its taken so long to come stateside. Second comes Baslisk, which seems to attract my attention, but have very little details on the series. I am also hoping Full Metal Panic : TSR would get licensed.

Manga wise, would have to be Neon Genesis Evangelion : Angelic Days. Alternate retelling of a great series, what more can you ask.

PS - Nyuu, no way can NGE:AD beat Chrono Crusades dramatic ending Anime exclamation .

Last edited by NeonGEvangelion on Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Nice choices everyone!

But for me the what I'm anticipating the most are the American releases of Tsubasa & Holic! I've enjoyed the manga so far so I'd really like to see the anime!

Last edited by LydiaDianne on Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
ryusaki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Well as in anime,yeah I have to go with the Fullmetal Alchemist movie as well, Laughing then Final Fantasy Advent Children.

manga,well anticipated would be Viz releasing the final volumes of Rurouni Kenshin,then as for new manga? well I have to agree with Nagisa and thank the guys at Seven Seas and Adam Arnold for BoogiePop
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:26 pm Reply with quote
These are the animes I personally am looking most forward to, many of them I bet most people could care less about though. The thing I'm most looking forward to isn't really an anime, but it's related. I'm most looking forward to the Galaxy Angel video game being released in the US. Unfortunetly, I think many people will be turned away from it seeing as the anime is all comedy. It's too bad because the video game isn't all comedy and has a story (a very good one IMO) and takes itself seriously, much different from the anime. Also, I'm looking forward to the Galaxy Angel II video game being released in Japan this April. I'm also looking forward to the anime of it.

For animes coming to the US, I'm looking most forward to My-Hime and Rumbling Hearts. They're just two of my favorite animes and I can't wait to get them on DVD. Hare+Guu which just recently came out on DVD is also another one of my favorites.

I don't follow manga that much so I can't really comment on that.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:52 pm Reply with quote
so far Ergo Proxy is showing HUGE promise. i have a feeling this is gonna be one of the best shows of 2006.

am i the only one who thinks the Eureka Seven dub seems really lame so far? i mean Renton is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal. it just ruins the entire mood of the series.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Fate/Stay Night and waiting for naruto fillers and the manga to end, so i can starting to watch it again. i just want to finish naruto. the manga story looks very good.
TheVileOne

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Can someone please explain to me what EVA: Angelic Days is?
Asuka

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:32 pm Reply with quote
It's a spinoff manga based on the alternate "happy" world in episode 26 of the anime.
ryusaki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Oh,well another on i didn't mention is Tsubasa,.. just hoping Funi gets it out by the end of the year
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4