• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Why are'nt DVD's shipped here ??

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
liquidsolid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Im was'nt sure of which section to post this in. So please excuse me if i've posted it in the wrong section.

As i was asking, why are'nt anime DVD's shipped to India. I mean India is part of Asia and so close to Japan. But still i dont find a single DVD for sale. Im having to download any anime i want to watch. This is really testing my patience.

Please give your expert opinions on this. I really want to know the reason.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:02 am Reply with quote
Generally, Japanese Anime companies do not have the appropriate staff or resources to set up an international operation for their works, so they often rely on foreign licensors paying for the rights to release DVDs in their respective countries. For whatever reasons, be it due to price or popularity or general DVD markets, no one has bothered to release things in the same way they'd be released in other countries. You can still import, but the situation in your country would be a specific, special thing, and hard to answer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1