• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Here's an idea.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master Roshi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:35 am Reply with quote
Here's an idea. Instead of locking or deleting topics, why not turn the topic into something else.
For example. The topic entitled 'Dragon Ball Z!!!' instead of just locking it, why not turn it into a topic where people discuss Dragon Ball Z??
This topic could now be turned into a topic about discussing new ideas for animes. Of course, say there's a topic called 'Where can I download something' You should just lock it or delete it.
Read the name and think of what the topic COULD be about then turn it to that subject.

Sorry if it sounds like i'm trying to tell you how to do your jobs, it's just an idea.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:32 am Reply with quote
Because it's too much work to clean up forfeit topics, when I could just shut them down and let someone else create an intelligent version themselves. Look, in any given day, there are actually so many instances of rule breaking on ANN that it'd take far too much time out of my day to either reprimand all of the rule breakers or personally rebuild their threads for them. It's really all I can do as one moderator to just plain out delete the faulty ones, and only contact the people that either break major rules or habitually break lesser ones.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
camelot187757

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:00 pm Reply with quote
By the way I only meant the whole butt raping thing as a metaphor a humorous one at that. Its no different from saying "OH man you're screwed; My boss keeps screwing with me..." My boss is really trying to "butt rape" me. Ya know "ha-ha-not-meant-to-be-taken-literally-kind of funny" funny. And is it so wrong to vent once and in a while? I mean I know im not the only one to just let out and say what ever I think i need to say at the time because I've seen some of the past posts. I'm just saying that was it really neccessary to lock my post just because of slightly strong language?
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:44 pm Reply with quote
camelot187757 wrote:
I'm just saying that was it really neccessary to lock my post just because of slightly strong language?

You must have missed the part where I told you your own post was very poorly and childishly worded, and how every reply—though justifiably so—was essentially a spam post ragging on said rant. The entire thread was a waste, so yes, it was necessary.

And thanks for hijacking someone else's thread, by the way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:18 pm Reply with quote
just out of curiosity, how many moderators are there on here? The site says that there are 2, but I only ever see Nagisa actually doing any moderating.

...yeah, this is slightly off-topic; so shoot me
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:04 am Reply with quote
BoygetsfireD wrote:
just out of curiosity, how many moderators are there on here? The site says that there are 2, but I only ever see Nagisa actually doing any moderating.

...yeah, this is slightly off-topic; so shoot me

This kinda brings up an interesting question: Aside from the ANN staff and the two designated Mods, is there enough for the workload?
camelot187757

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:23 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
And thanks for hijacking someone else's thread, by the way.

And I quote from Nas
Nas wrote:
But thats Nas always looking out for breadrin
Cause when brethren don't return love it don't stress him
Cause gangstas do gangsta sh*t, real recognize real
Still laughing to the bank and sh*t....

Damm man you're acting like i commited some kind of felony because I let loose a little bit. I only posted here because I felt that my post got locked (knowing full well from the following that it was going to be locked eventually) for all the wrong reasons:

Nagisa from a past thread wrote:
Good going people, you all got this thread locked for taking petty and immature shots at Steven! Awesome! Really, most of you should know better than to incite off-topic bickering.

If this is one of the basis of locking a thread than I thought you would have locked it for this comment:
Steven the Lunch wrote:
THis thread, aswell as yourself, is completely and totally retarded.

*Checks venting prohibition in Teh Rules and comes up short but does find...*

Tempest wrote:
If you disagree with a poster, disagree respectfully, or do not disagree at all.

And also finds...
Tempest wrote:
Silly topics are acceptable from time to time, but if and when they become to prevalent the forum moderators have the right to close (lock) them even if they do not break any of the specific rules outlined here

Hey look at that I had a silly topic and you shut it down
OH well...
Master Roshi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Ummm....Nagisa?? I think you're taking on too much... I'm sure there are some people you know who can help with the work. Then you could turn 'stupid' threads into more.... intellegent ones.

After this i'd like to turn this thread into one where people put ideas for new Animes. You could set it out like this:

Characters:....
Story:....
Iemander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
After this i'd like to turn this thread into one where people put ideas for new Animes. You could set it out like this:

Characters:....
Story:....

You sound like a spoiled brat, do you really expect moderators to kneel before you and go through all the effort of adjusting an entire thread with a major content edit and deletion of all the other messages individually? What arrogance.

Also, it seems to me you fail to understand that topics usually don't get deleted because of their topic, but of their lack of intelligence. Nobody really cares if a trillionth DBZ topic gets posted on the board, as long the topic itself is filled with content and readable (At the least, "somewhat clean").
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Iemander just summed it up perfectly. I'm a moderator who enforces the rules, not some forum maid who picks up after people who refuse to abide by them and writes their threads for them.

Also, Camelot, you asked what was wrong, I answered. I don't see how my response was unfairly getting on your case at all. Your thread got locked for being one massive, childish hissy fit, and unfortunately you seem to want to persist in that.

Locked. This is past the point of civil, constructive discussion.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1