• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The anime that started it all for you.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killer HMD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:47 am Reply with quote
It was a long, long time ago... first I saw robotech and then little time later Akira, I think it was a great start. But the adiction started with Saint Seya the series (I don't know the name it was released in the US, but here the translation was something like "Zodiac Warriors").
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Killer HMD wrote:
I don't know the name it was released in the US, but here the translation was something like "Zodiac Warriors"

Knights of the Zodiac by DiC Entertainment. The new ADV version sticks to the original name.

Last edited by dormcat on Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Killer HMD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:12 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Killer HMD wrote:
I don't know the name it was released in the US, but here the translation was something like "Zodiac Warriors"

Knights of the Zodiac

Thanks!

It was shown in open tv over here, it was a real fever at the time, much more than DBZ.
Anzeus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:03 pm Reply with quote
First anime I ever saw was Fist of the Northern Star, years ago. Than for some time nothing, because I didn't even know what that "cartoon" was. Years later I saw Princess Mononoke and some episodes of Dragon Ball at appx. the same time, and those two started it all... Now I am addicted Embarassed
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Mine was Sailor Moon. I remember waking up to watch that series at 6 am, and recorded it to rewatch it as soon as I got home from school. I lived in Hawaii at the time, and it was easy to get my grubby hands on some imported stuff, so it literally was a haven for me there Anime smile..... until I moved. Crying or Very sad
Anime_Nerd424

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Mine were Inuyasha, D.N.Angel, Maburaho. In that oder Very Happy
AzN_dT_StReEt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Hey all, new here and this will be my first post on the forums. (so excited! woo woo! lol) sooo anyways the anime that started it all for me was Tenchi Muyo waaay back in the day. The wacky characters always gave me a good laugh and the plot was quite enjoyable. Oh and I guess my first experience with anime was Sailor Moon on Cartoon Network. I actually enjoyed that show up until the later seasons, but at the time I didn't know it was considered anime.
tu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Im also new too, the first anime that made me want to like japanese animation (not like the childhish series like pokemon or yugioh) was Spirited Away mostly because the japanese are the pros on making anime.

The second that make me more fall in love with anime was Gad Guard, now im enjoying anime than ever, I've been buying anime so much that it wants me to buy more.
Bl00dHoUnD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:33 pm Reply with quote
I watched like, Sailor Moon, DBZ, Thundercats, and CCS when I was about 8 to 10 years old, DBZ up until I was 12. After that, I saw Nadesico on Super Robot Week on Cartoon Network. After watching those three or so episodes, it sparked me into watching Inuyasha, and all the adult swim anime, and about 2 years later, watching KGNE. Then I watched more adult swim, and then the full Nadesico, which became my instant favorite and which basically sparked me into all the anime I have watched recently, which is like 30 series'. So, basically, my favorite anime, Nadesico.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Villhelmya

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:47 pm Reply with quote
I watched DBZ, yu gi oh pokemon and snipets of other stuf like that when i was little, forgot about it then met a friend who was mad on anime as well as his brother. So i brought all my old favorites e.g gundam wing and apreciated them more. Im more hooked on anime than him now!
Jake3DTrains

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:58 pm Reply with quote
My first anime was the Sonic OAV, but of course that didn't spark my interests.

I believe it wasn't until Sonic X, however, came along that I actually began to take an interest in the entire style of anime, and etcetera. Actually, it was due to me researching more about the voice actors that were behind SONIC project, such as Junichi Kanemaru and Chikao Otsuka... and thus a chain reaction began when I began to discover more anime which they have provided their voices for, and eventually my interests branched into other, unrelated series. Or something.
sk8boarder0011

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:03 am Reply with quote
I believe it was DBZ that started it for me.
dirtyharry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:04 am Reply with quote
It was Pokemon actually, when I was little.
rocklobster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:19 am Reply with quote
Voltron was definitely worth finishing my homework in time for when I was a child. Why hasn't this appeared on DVD yet? Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Urb'

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Spirited Away was 1st anime, and then NGE, gave it a bit of a break till some people mentioned Appleseed, watched this and then people mentioned Bleach, and from there it truely started as I tried to watch similar and branched out to watching suzuka and then loads of others.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 15 of 16