• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:24 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aCJvZIyk8U&feature=plcp#t=00m31s

What show is that pool scene from? It's from a Gen'ichirou Abe MAD, and his resume is small, but I can't pin down that scene and small searches didn't turn up anything that struck familiar.

It's from Katte Ni Kaizou. If you look hard enough, the art style really matches with SZS. That's because it's adapted, by SHAFT, from a manga created by Koji Kumeta.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TheFumiye

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:17 pm Reply with quote
I watched an anime movie 10 years ago in which an evil twin boy goes around killing people. I can't remember if he kills his twin sister as kids (but I'm pretty sure he did). He pursues this woman down into the sewers later in life and does a countdown to chase after her like it's a game of death. I have never been able to find out what it was called. Help?
nancy65137

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:12 am Reply with quote
Hey! I bought this shirt about 6yrs ago for my sons. We never could identify the characters or the show. We thought maybe someone on here could help.

I could not make the pics bigger....sorry. Thanks, Nancy =)
nancy65137

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:48 am Reply with quote
Hey..... I tried to post this under the right catagory but couldn't figure it out. I am sorry.....But could someone help me identify these characters or the show they are from?

I tried to make the pics the same size...but i had problems with that too. Thanks, Nancy
Bluergost

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:20 am Reply with quote
jl07045 wrote:
It was a random meeting (as far as we know). Shiki just happened to meet her when he got his ability and she happened to be a magus that could give him an advice about dealing with that ability. She left a strong impression on Shiki so he called her sensei from then on. She's not imaginary, the whole scene was just written in a rather poetic manner.

Thanks,1 other question-Roa is a spirit like thingy who posses 1 person to other after his reborn.That's why Arcueid kept killing him again and again for 8,000 year.Now that she is dead then who is going to kill Roa.If roa didn't died for so long should he be dead just because Shiki killed him.
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:28 am Reply with quote
You should mark things in that as spoilers.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:09 pm Reply with quote
TheFumiye wrote:
I watched an anime movie 10 years ago in which an evil twin boy goes around killing people. I can't remember if he kills his twin sister as kids (but I'm pretty sure he did). He pursues this woman down into the sewers later in life and does a countdown to chase after her like it's a game of death. I have never been able to find out what it was called. Help?

Well, I am afraid that I cannot help you since all that I can tell you is that it almost certainly is not Monster.

Hopefully, someone else can/will help you out!
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:11 pm Reply with quote
nancy65137--
Welcome to the fora!
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:17 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Here Mr. Lazybones, I did your Google search for you and came up with...

http://www.loneleeplanet.com/2009/11/hentai-milking-meganekko/
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:32 pm Reply with quote
nancy65137 wrote:
Hey..... I tried to post this under the right catagory but couldn't figure it out. I am sorry.....But could someone help me identify these characters or the show they are from?

I tried to make the pics the same size...but i had problems with that too. Thanks, Nancy

If I read the kanji correctly as 斬紅郎無双剣, it is from a video game series, entitled, in the west, as "Samurai Shodown".
In particular, this is from "Samurai Shodown III: Blades of Blood", for which Wikipedia gives the Japanese name "Samurai Spirits Zankurō Musōken" (サムライスピリッツ 斬紅郎無双剣).

Last edited by DavidShallcross on Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
chunky13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Hi All

I've just found this site after serching the internet for what seems a lifetime now... So I really hope someone can help me???

I've been trying to find & remember (hence the need of your help...) the name of a movie I use to own on video many moons ago now, I think in the early 90's. I believe the film was a Manga Live action movie that went straight to video realese but I can't be to sure? although that said at the time if it said Manga on the box I bought it!!!

the film, as i recall, was based around a group of rouge type scrap heap traders set in the far future, who stumble upon a near intact (for want of a better way of putting it...) MK1 type Mech unit / tank, spotted by the female lead character. Who then sets about rebooting the unit up to use for a purpose I can't recall? but I seem to remember that see had a hinden agenda & this was what see was looking for possibly?

I do recall that the film was based mostly in this one area & that it was deep underground via an access shaft that they found the Mech unit & that the end of the film did invole a scene where the female lead used the Mech unit in battle.

I'm not sure if anyone can recall such a film? or its title? but I would be eternally greatfull if someone out there could as I would love to get my hands on a copy of it once more....

anyway thank you for looking & I really hope someone, anyone can help me in my search for this classic live action film.

Chunky
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:36 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
That's one of the most meaningless scenes ever from Melody of Oblivion and has nothing to do with anything if I recall correctly
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:53 pm Reply with quote
@chunky13

Not seen the movie but im guessing when you say Manga you mean manga entertainment the movie company. Just so you know this section of the forum is for Manga as in comic books of japanese origin.

anyhoo i suspect the film you are after is gunhed, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunhed_%28film%29
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 393 of 572