• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Someday's Dreamer's II Sora TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
I watched this when it aired and really enjoyed it. Then I watched it a few months ago and enjoyed it a LOT less.

I wonder if it's becuase you knew how it ended? I know the ending wasn't what I expected from such a cheerful series, but I still thought it was excelent in retrospect. I do wish they spent more time focusing on animating the characters and less on the backgrounds. The Backgrounds are beautiful, but this is an anime, not a picture book.

So with all of these '07/'08 licenses getting snapped up by Sentai I'll just assume Library Wars will be announced soon too. Maybe at Otakon?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ingraman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:21 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed the first series back when it aired, although I don't know how my feelings about it might have changed since then. I've still got the DVD singles.

The second series? From fansubs, I have vague memories of too many photographic backgrounds. It was okay, but I was less enamoured by it than the original (although I still like the concept of magic in the modern world with an accompanying bureaucracy and its rules ^^; ). The rest of the animation style was less interesting, too.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Never even knew Somedays Dreamers had a spinoff. Might be a renter. Confused
Myaow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:56 pm Reply with quote
I didn't know that this was an Osamu Kobayashi thing. Is the animation as stylish as Beck's or Paradise Kiss'? I was never interested in this show before since I'd heard bad things about the first series, but I reeeally like the director. How is it?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:07 pm Reply with quote
The character design definitely looks similar to Beck, and the show itself is very stylized, mainly due to the photo-realistic backgrounds. Just check out the OP animation and you can see what I mean.

The story is honestly fairly simple. It's a coming-of-age story about a young girl in the country who goes to the big city to train to become a mage. The quaint structure of how magic is incorporated into the society is honestly one of my favorite things about this series.
LaFreccia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:27 pm Reply with quote
This is a good thing. The story is very quirky -- not what you are used to seeing. I'll be buying it!
moonie92

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Is there anything Sentai won't license? Save something for the rest of the con season please! Don't let all of your ducks go this week.

I own the first season on this anime and I really enjoy it, never expected anyone to ever license any of the rest of it since it sold like dog puke.
thaivuN

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:31 pm Reply with quote
I couldn't get into Someday's Dreamer, but I ended up loving Natsu no Sora quite a lot. Sure buy for me.
braves

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 pm Reply with quote
I had given up hope that anybody would pick up this show. Glad to see Sentai picking up an Osamu Kobayashi work.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2