• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
favorite topics.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkSamurai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:31 pm Reply with quote
What your favorite talked about topics. And Dislike and why?

Example of favorite
10 favorite and 5 least favorite anime. Because you have the chance to share with every one what are your type of taste in anime. No ones the same. Some may like sailor moon, some may not.

Example of dislike
Fightstar video. I dont know whats the point of this.
Nani?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Favorite Topics--Things that ask me to explain my take on a show or share useful information. Two recent examples I particularly enjoyed were "Explain the ending of Wolf's Rain" or "Animes on Japanese Religion" (not exact title) where I could share my informantion and learn something from the really knowlegdable people here (Abunai, Dorncat etc take a bow). Recently I thought about posting what "Anime character do you relate to personally" but wondered if my personal choice (Arjuna) would prejudice the question.

Basically, anything I have to put some thought into. I also like to be silly, for example I once argued that Anime was not "established" because we had no world civilizations based off Anime and then cited as an example the Jovians from Martian Succesor Nadesico as an example of what I meant

Least favorite-- "Gee isn't Naruto so cool" or anything along those lines. Fortunately the moderators moderate these things fairly well.

All the Best,

Nani?
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Well I guess my favourite topics would have to be topics that deal with people and anime.

So I guess topics that are my favourites would be some of the threads that I've made such as my "Do you think downloadin fansubs is wrong?" thread and my "Does the trend of overlysized boobs disturb you?" thread. Even though I did make them the reason why they are my favourites is for the fact that they both have sparked up a large discussion over those topics.

My least favourite would be topics by some newcomers that are just pointless. My least favourite of all are topics that break "teh rules". The most common ones are the ones that request downloads. I mean aren't they smart enough to see the announcement on the top of the forums page where it says "Requesting downloads is not allowed".

Oh and if people can give their opinions on some of my threads please? I'm pretty curious on what people think of them.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Most favorite: anything that requires me and other participant of the thread to dig up more information and/or rewatch/re-listen to a title. During the process, one learned something s/he didn't even know that s/he didn't know and also see things from others' perspective. Briefly, anything that contributes free flow of useful information is good. However, the focus should be kept on anime/manga titles themselves (see below).

IchigoK90 wrote:
Oh and if people can give their opinions on some of my threads please? I'm pretty curious on what people think of them.

Unfortunately, many threads opened by you are my least favorite type, for those questions are more ethical and moral rather than artistic and scientific.

Another type of thread I really don't like is "(old) flame igniters." The most notorious two being "dub vs. sub" and "morality/legality of fansubs." Those were called "menstral questions" (sorry, no offense to female) for they come and go every month and are pain in the a**.

As for "who's your favorite character" and "who's stronger" threads, they were not even worthy to be discussed with.

Ah, and those "how do I add a picture" and "how do I rate anime" threads....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:59 am Reply with quote
Favorite would be anything that requires mature and rational thought to be put into the discussion. This makes the discussion just much more in depth and intelligent.

dormcat wrote:
Another type of thread I really don't like is "(old) flame igniters." The most notorious two being "dub vs. sub" and "morality/legality of fansubs."

Same here, though I think they could develop in the way I said above and could be discussed intelligently. The problem is that they don't. I think we had two "dub vs sub" threads about 2-3 months apart from each other and they both ignited about 15 pages of, mostly, flaming.
Efan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:20 pm Reply with quote
My fav topics are the ones where there are 2 groups of people arguing over one thing such as: "Do you think downloading anime is wrong" and "Subbed or Dubbed". I also like reading what idiot newcomers put when they make pointless threads like: "hread name: Anime!!!!!1!!!!!22@@1! first post: ANIMES GOOODDDDDD!!!!!!!!2!!!@!@@!!!@!21!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !!!!" thsoe always make me laugh.

I guess i dont really hate any type of topics.... i just don't read alot of them...
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Efan wrote:
My favorite topics are the ones where there are 2 groups of people arguing over one thing such as: "Do you think downloading anime is wrong" and "Subbed or Dubbed".

If I were the owner of ANN, I would lock each and every thread with those subjects and ban the thread opener.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:40 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Efan wrote:
My favorite topics are the ones where there are 2 groups of people arguing over one thing such as: "Do you think downloading anime is wrong" and "Subbed or Dubbed".

If I were the owner of ANN, I would lock each and every thread with those subjects and ban the thread opener.

So does that mean that you would've banned me when I made those threads a couple months ago? Crying or Very sad I'm hurt.

BTW I'mt thinking of reviving my old "Is anime an escape for you" thread but as a new one since it got locked. Would I be allowed to do this again?

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Master Roshi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:05 pm Reply with quote
My fave threads are ones which share info. I find these infinitley useful because i'm new here and so don't reply to many threads.
Oh and Efaner, if u like reading threads by idiot newcomers you'll love it when my copy of Hellsing (Anime) and Hellsing(manga) come. Anime smile
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:55 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
So does that mean that you would've banned me when I made those threads a couple months ago? Crying or Very sad I'm hurt.

I was not targeting at you specifically. Sorry to make you feel bad.

However, the major reason I don't like those threads is that while people would debate violently over those issues, nothing would change: those who download will still download and those who watch dub-only will still watch dub-only. People got angry, time and bandwidth were wasted, and the thread would either die quietly (so what's the purpose?) or be locked. I have been dwelling on the Internet for over 13 years and am really tired of those "flamethrowers." Cool

IchigoK90 wrote:
BTW I'mt thinking of reviving my old "Is anime an escape for you" thread but as a new one since it got locked. Would I be allowed to do this again?

I'm not in a position to answer this question. Please ask Mods.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1