• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Key's Little Busters! Visual Novel Gets TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VictorLighty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Oh man... Is that really true? I mean... is that REALLY true??? 'cause I'm a diehard Little Busters! / Key fan, and I've been wishing for this anime adaptation for months!!! Well, looks like we'll need to wait until April 10 to be sure Very Happy

I've even made an unbox video of the original Little Busters - Regular Edition novel two days before the anime announcement - everything LB!-related is happening at the same time for me X3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSh2E0EhCI8&context=C40d3c0dADvjVQa1PpcFMrVhDA8VrRxFC1eKxZSDavaCmkqrbfLzo=
Trần Nguyễn Minh Huy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:24 am Reply with quote
Baba Takihiro (CEO Visual Art's): https://twitter.com/#!/vavasyatyou/s...51322962870272 (if you can read Japanese).
So: bad or good news?
http://rekisa1.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-629.html (link busy, not die)
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:07 pm Reply with quote
I doubt Kyoto Animation or P.A. Works will be making Little Busters.

Kyoto Animation only makes 1 anime a year (besides a movie sometimes), and after Hyouka they already announced their next anime. So unless they got Little Busters planned 2 years in advance I doubt we will be seeing them make it.

P.A. Works isn't really a strong possibility either, they already have a scheduled work upcoming as well called Tari Tari. They seem to release only 1 anime as well a year too.

I am guessing A-1 pictures is going to be adapting this, mostly because they showed interest in it before and might have proven with all their more recent anime that they have the capability to do this. I am going to be kind of pissed if this is the case though, because then that means super over-priced Aniplex USA release. And even though the animation quality is good at A-1 I haven't been a fan of too much of their stuff. Oh well, only time can tell.

By the way, I really wanted this to be KyoAni.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Kyoto Animation anime
2012 - Hyouka
2011 - K-ON! Movie
2011 - Nichijou
2010 - K-ON!!
2010 - Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
2009 - K-ON!
2009 - Haruhi-chan & Nyoron~ Churuya-san
2009 - Munto TV
2009 - Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2009
2009 - Munto movie
2008 - Clannad After Story
2007 - Clannad
2007 - Lucky Star
2006 - Kanon
2006 - Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
2005 - Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid
2005 - Air TV / Air in Summer
2005 - Munto 2 OVA
2003 - Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
2003 - Munto OVA

Not sure where ya got that KyoAni only makes one anime a year. Only a few years ago in 2009 they had 5 anime works (4 if you want to disregard the Haruhi-chan/Nyoron shorts) released.

My best bet would be KyoAni in either fall or winter season for Little Busters. The main reason why I think KyoAni is because P.A. Works seems to be striving more for original anime than adaptations. Granted, this season they did Another, but still the bulk of their work is with original content shows.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Kyoto Animation anime
2012 - Hyouka
2011 - K-ON! Movie
2011 - Nichijou
2010 - K-ON!!
2010 - Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
2009 - K-ON!
2009 - Haruhi-chan & Nyoron~ Churuya-san
2009 - Munto TV
2009 - Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2009
2009 - Munto movie
2008 - Clannad After Story
2007 - Clannad
2007 - Lucky Star
2006 - Kanon
2006 - Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
2005 - Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid
2005 - Air TV / Air in Summer
2005 - Munto 2 OVA
2003 - Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
2003 - Munto OVA

Not sure where ya got that KyoAni only makes one anime a year. Only a few years ago in 2009 they had 5 anime works (4 if you want to disregard the Haruhi-chan/Nyoron shorts) released.

My best bet would be KyoAni in either fall or winter season for Little Busters. The main reason why I think KyoAni is because P.A. Works seems to be striving more for original anime than adaptations. Granted, this season they did Another, but still the bulk of their work is with original content shows.

Well, one anime at a time. And I was already excluding movies and OVA's. I meant t.v. anime. They never have multiple series ongoing at one time unlike plenty of others. And since Hyouka starts in Spring and their next work is already announced, I really don't see it happening.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Which is their next work that is already announced? I must admit I haven't been paying much attention lately.
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Which is their next work that is already announced? I must admit I haven't been paying much attention lately.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-12-27/kyoto-animation-plans-chuni-byo-demo-koi-shitai-anime
Clyde_Cash

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Is it just me or did The Pillows do a song with that same title?
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Clyde_Cash wrote:
Is it just me or did The Pillows do a song with that same title?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhNN9GIbsS0

Indeed they did.
opn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:04 am Reply with quote
[quote="Trần Nguyễn Minh Huy"][quote="opn"][quote="Salsaman1991"]
Max465 wrote:
Salsaman1991 wrote:

edit: its back up http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/webradio/wrdb32-1202boft9cmgfx99.asx and the mention of a LB anime is still there..... i take it that it is indeed true and they got in trouble with key originally and they managed to resolve it quickly so they put it back up.

Hmm....? This is 32th program. Anime LB! in 34th.

my bad got the wrong one
http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/webradio/wrdb34-1203bd8vzblkqnmi.asx
the preview i beleive is still played but the mention of LB was removed.
@tran according to google chrome he congratulated little busters on getting a anime adaption so i assume that means it is true
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:04 am Reply with quote
Apparently some higher up in Key/Kyo-Ani (can't remember which) actually drew 4 pictures of a guy with a particular katakana on his mouth. When read correctly, they say "Genki no baka".

He supposedly did this because he was really pissed as Dengenki revealing the LB anime before they should. So this is pretty much confirmed, I guess.
opn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:43 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Apparently some higher up in Key/Kyo-Ani (can't remember which) actually drew 4 pictures of a guy with a particular katakana on his mouth. When read correctly, they say "Genki no baka".

He supposedly did this because he was really pissed as Dengenki revealing the LB anime before they should. So this is pretty much confirmed, I guess.

i think judging from the article tran linked in this thread it was key/visual arts president the pic was used for and yeah if so its pretty much confirmed.
edit: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=419667&show=0 he said dengeki no baka which means dengeki you idiot and not dengi no baka but still this pretty much confirms that LB is indeed getting a TV anime. but now begins the wait for studio confirmation and a rewrite anime (please dont be deen!)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7