• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FMA box sets

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
animonkey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:04 am Reply with quote
okay, i freakin love fma. its pretty much my favorite anime. I want it on dvd, but dont want to go buy all the dvds individually. does anyone know when a full metal alchemist box set will be released?
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:43 am Reply with quote
Depending on how they'll realease it, either in a year and half or three years from now.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:50 am Reply with quote
animonkey wrote:
does anyone know when a full metal alchemist box set will be released?

Basically put, it'll be some months after the last DVD is released, same as with most other box sets.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
animonkey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:23 pm Reply with quote
whadya mean the last dvd? The naruto dvds are coming out in march and the series wont be over by then.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:28 pm Reply with quote
animonkey wrote:
whadya mean the last dvd? The naruto dvds are coming out in march and the series wont be over by then.

What are you trying to ask. It is already stated that a box set of the series won't come out until the last dvd of the series is out. Even when the series' dvd releases are finished its mostly likely that FMA will be put into two boxsets.

In Naruto's case they'll probably release the individual dvds and then release a season 1 box set when they are into probably season 2 or 3. Its like what they did for Inuyasha.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:38 pm Reply with quote
animonkey wrote:

Because a 13-52 episode series with a set episode count and a 100+ episode ongoing series are handled differently. Especially when said 100+ ongoing series is getting two types of release.

Naruto & Inu-Yasha are exceptions. Not rules. For them, box sets are released of individual story arcs or in 13-episode-ish sets after the individual volumes contained therein have already been released. But for more compact series like a Fullmetal Alchemist, or a Last EXILE, or a Wolf's Rain, or an X TV, Noir, Madlax, Gundam, yadda yadda yadda you get the idea, the box (or boxes, as it's not uncommon for 50-ish episode series to be split into two 26-ish episode box sets) comes a while after the last volume of the series has been released.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1