• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Key's Little Busters! Visual Novel Gets TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Any info what studio will make this?
I was hoping a lot from KyoAni. But maybe PA Works isn't bad either.

As long as it's not TOEI, fine.

Anyway, if KyoAni will do this, I hope they don't K-onificate the character designs. I saw Hyouka and I immediately reminded of K-On and I definitely don't want K-onification on any level. Never.

I think character design should be done by Kazumi Ikeda. That anime Kanon 2006 and Clannad face really hit me
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping Kyoto Animation will pull this one off.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Erilea

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:06 am Reply with quote
Awesome! just awesome! Can't wait till they release this!
Fifth B

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:02 am Reply with quote
I've been waiting on this since aught nine dagnabbit, and the irrational Key fanboy in me couldn't be happier. I don't really care if Kyoto Animation doesn't end up animating it, although that would be ideal, but I'm going to go ahead and guess that this will be a PA Works title. On the other, slightly more pessimistic side of things, I'm quite curious as to how this is going to work out. From hat I've read about the visual novel, that medium itself and the inherent structure is key (pardon the crappy pun) to the plot itself. It seems somewhat similar to Clannad in that regard, and I hope they can find a writer with enough skill to pull of an adaptation that minimizes awkwardness while remaining true to the spirit of the story. Hey, if we get really lucky, maybe the show can turn meta on us!
Now, if only this can get licensed, put out on Blu-ray, and given a dub directed by Kyle Jones, my elaborate fantasy will be complete.
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:25 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:

I'm curious, is this more than your typical otaku ero VN?

I'd say so. LB! is by the same creators as CLANNAD, and is originally an all-ages game. So don't expect much in the way of fanservice. What you should expect is a heartwarming game/anime about friendship.
Trần Nguyễn Minh Huy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:18 am Reply with quote
[quote="opn"][quote="Salsaman1991"][quote="Max465"]
Salsaman1991 wrote:

edit: its back up http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/webradio/wrdb32-1202boft9cmgfx99.asx and the mention of a LB anime is still there..... i take it that it is indeed true and they got in trouble with key originally and they managed to resolve it quickly so they put it back up.

Hmm....? This is 32th program. Anime LB! in 34th.
charizardpal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:16 am Reply with quote
I've been waiting nearly 5 years for this! How badly did Kyoto anime have to suffer before it decided to turn towards something that will sell?!

Anyway, as a huge visual novel fan I hate most of the girl characters, but I love the guys in this series, and the ending was epic. I hope Saya plays a role...

EDIT: It's not Kyoto anime this time.

Last edited by charizardpal on Sat May 11, 2013 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:59 am Reply with quote
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:
dragon695 wrote:

I'm curious, is this more than your typical otaku ero VN?

I'd say so. LB! is by the same creators as CLANNAD, and is originally an all-ages game. So don't expect much in the way of fan-service. What you should expect is a heartwarming game/anime about friendship.

well.... they did do an adult version a year later but it did add two more characters with huge twist/turns. Now just becasue a game has ero in doesn't mean it can't be heart-warming. Kanon was ero and so was air and those are well received. Anything done by key/visual arts ero or not is always decent /handled well.

tomoyo after it's a wonderful life made me cry harder than clannad after story ever could when "spoiler[tomoya got amnesia due to a brain injury that caused a tumor due to fight he was in, he got surgey but it wasn't enough. He went back home with tomoyo they got married while his memory slowly recovered. Then on one night the made love that night and finally remembered everything .. but he died in her arms after or never woke back up....]"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
well.... they did do an adult version a year later but it did add two more characters with huge twist/turns.

I know. I've got a copy sitting on my shelf. Razz

Quote:
Now just becasue a game has ero in doesn't mean it can't be heart-warming.

I'm well aware of that. Nakige are probably my favorite type of eroge. I was just saying that LB! isn't a nukige, that's all.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Dunno if I'll watch this. Haven't thoroughly enjoyed one of these adaptations since Air. I was also a hormonal teenager back then. Probably had something to do with it.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'll be curious how they decide to adapt the routes in the game. Actually, the routes themselves won't be too tough, but trying to make the basic flow of events coherent to the audience that's not familiar with the visual novel will be quite the task. For instance, there are differences between the first and second routes with Rin, so would they try and meld them together? It's possible, but then it loses a lot of emotion.

I'll be looking forward to this, but it would be really nice to get a Planetarian OVA as well
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:47 pm Reply with quote
I am looking forward to this. I have never played the games but if KyoAni does make it I will be happy. Even if PA works does it I will be happy too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Going to be redundant and join the wild mass guessing in saying it's either going to be Kyoto Animation or P.A. Works. I'll have to say I'm leaning more towards KyoAni due to the fact I'm not seeing a lot from them this year.

P.A. Works already has Tari Tari in production for Summer and I'm guessing Hanasaku 2 will be sometime this fall and they're just coming off of Another. So looking like they're already kind of busy.

We'll see I gues
rejer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:35 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Well, I'll be curious how they decide to adapt the routes in the game. Actually, the routes themselves won't be too tough, but trying to make the basic flow of events coherent to the audience that's not familiar with the visual novel will be quite the task. For instance, there are differences between the first and second routes with Rin, so would they try and meld them together? It's possible, but then it loses a lot of emotion.

I'll be looking forward to this, but it would be really nice to get a Planetarian OVA as well

Maybe it would be better off using the Amagami style storytelling so that there won't be any need to shuffle things together.
Kyo-Ani is also famous with its Endless Eight so we can expect them to do it flawlessly (going over the similar route endlessly).
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Nah, I really don't think the Amagami omnibus structure would work for Little Busters. Riki's choices in Little Busters aren't simply which girl will he date like it is for the main character in Amagami. Characters don't simply disappear (the only Amagami route I watched was Kaoru's, and I didn't see Haruka/Sae/Rihoko/Ai/Tsukasa hardly if at all) like they do when they're not the girl Junichi chose.

Little Busters isn't so simple. The idea is that all the characters are close to eachother by forming the Little Busters team. So there's no convenience of only focusing on one route and then resetting like there is in Amagami.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7