• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 Gets Fall Release Date in U.S., Europe

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:38 pm Reply with quote
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. I wonder if these will be compatible with the Global Link.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Melicans wrote:
kakoishii wrote:
I'm confused, what does version 2 have that version 1 does not? Or is it how say ruby, saphire, and crystal relate to each other?

As I understand it, it isn't a third version/remake in the vein of Blue, Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, or Platinum. It's more of a direct sequel to the events in Black/White, so will presumably pick up where Black/White left off (what happened to Ghetsis, N being spotted in a faraway land, etc).

Well in that case looks like I have to actually finish playing my copy of white, that thing has been on the backburner for me since the summer before last Razz I am soo behind
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Ooo, yay. ^^ Very glad these will be released sooner than later. I've already completed Black (the main parts; just working on the Pokedex now and some of the side quests), so I'll definitely be trying to pick up Black 2 when it's released.

And I'm hoping as well that these will be compatible with Global Link.
Magna_Lilly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:29 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
They still have to reveal the true identities of the Dark Trinity.

Oh snap, never thought about it but now I'm loving it Anime hyper
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:45 am Reply with quote
O,o;;

And in response:

Bulbapedia wrote:
In their first appearance, they all were wearing identical black masks. In all later appearances, they are seen wearing different masks which resemble the elemental monkeys' facial patterns: the shading technique on each mask matches the techniques used on the monkeys and the bottom of the mask matches the shaping on the monkeys' faces.

-Bulbapedia, on the Shadow Triad in Pokemon Adventures

Also, notice that each of them owns one monster that is either Grass-type, Water-type, or Fire-type.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:09 am Reply with quote
burnpsy wrote:
Sunday Silence wrote:
6 ****ing months? And these IP holders wonder why people pirate their stuff to high heaven.

>Faster than usual
>Complain

._.

Only a wizard can translate ALL the text in a Pokemon game (and game test, bug test, etc) in a small amount of time.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:12 am Reply with quote
Tenbyakugon wrote:
O,o;;

And in response:

Bulbapedia wrote:
In their first appearance, they all were wearing identical black masks. In all later appearances, they are seen wearing different masks which resemble the elemental monkeys' facial patterns: the shading technique on each mask matches the techniques used on the monkeys and the bottom of the mask matches the shaping on the monkeys' faces.

Also, notice that each of them owns one monster that is either Grass-type, Water-type, or Fire-type.

Even the manga likes the theory.

After all, they were the only Gym Leaders not present during the raid on Plasma-dan's castle.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:22 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Tenbyakugon wrote:
O,o;;

And in response:

Bulbapedia wrote:

After all, they were the only Gym Leaders not present during the raid on Plasma-dan's castle.

...Considering the chapters featuring the Shadow Triad in their "later appearances" were all written after the games were released (when the theory first began to float about).

There're more aguments than just that one, which I still hold with plausibility, but this one in particular is neutralized by Bianca's explanation of why she never retrieved them to N's Castle and her historic clumsiness. An argument that could go back and forth on that one if people really wanted it to, is what I'm saying.
Juno016

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:05 am Reply with quote
Tenbyakugon wrote:
TitanXL wrote:
Tenbyakugon wrote:
O,o;;

And in response:

Bulbapedia wrote:

...Considering the chapters featuring the Shadow Triad in their "later appearances" were all written after the games were released (when the theory first began to float about).

There're more aguments than just that one, which I still hold with plausibility, but this one in particular is neutralized by Bianca's explanation of why she never retrieved them to N's Castle and her historic clumsiness. An argument that could go back and forth on that one if people really wanted it to, is what I'm saying.

But the manga goes in its own direction, anyway. It wouldn't surprise me if it were just the manga. I doubt the games would pull that big of a 180 degree turn... especially since the game creators, apparently, were in on the whole Dent/Cylan following Satoshi/Ash thing in the anime. What a shocker that would be...
MrHatandClogs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:11 am Reply with quote
Awesome news, but I'm more excited about Devil Survivor 2 dropping today!! But, I won't be able to get it until Thursday, cause I'm broke!
msgundam2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:24 pm Reply with quote
I really hope there are special features for 3DS players. Like wide-screen and improve graphics.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2