• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Legend Of Duo

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:05 am Reply with quote
Have anyone seen this really different series yet? I think that the 5 min epsiodes are an interesting idea to say the least. I have seen the first 5 epsiodes of this, I like what I see so far. Quick summary of the story so far.... Legend of Duo is a series where Human have become sick with the diease of death, where any person can die at moment at any time. The only know cure for the diease, to drink the blood of a human. Or from ANN
Quote:
In 2000s, human beings have lost their purana, which are essential for living thing. It means that human species is goinig to die. However, a vampire saves human beings from extinction by revealing the secret of purana.In a mythical era, there was a god who was punished eternally because he had brought the fire to the human beings. Like him, the vampire will be punished because he breaks the taboo to tell the secret of purana to human beings. That vampire is named Duo, and the vampire who punish him is Zieg. They used to be good friends,...

I am really into this show thus far, anyone else enjoying it? Or more importantly what do you think of the format of 5 mins shows?
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Mugen1style

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:29 am Reply with quote
That sure sounds cool is it subtitled or dubed in eng. yet I cant understand japanese, I have a dictionary but... The five min eps reminds me of Star Wars Clone Wars. Cool
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:53 am Reply with quote
mugen1style wrote:
That sure sounds cool is it subtitled or dubed in eng. yet I can't understand japanese, I have a dictionary but... The five min eps reminds me of Star Wars Clone Wars. Cool

Well it has not been licensed yet so there is no dubbed version of this. What I saw was a sub version of this show, Never saw Star Wars Clone Wars, but I have this strange feeling that it couldn't of been very good. But then again I haven't seen so it's not fair to judge.
Anyways yea check this show out I am very amused by this show, I am going to watch 7-10 in about ten mins when Loveline is over.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Never saw Star Wars Clone Wars, but I have this strange feeling that it couldn't of been very good.

Clone Wars was better than all 3 prequels. Better story, better acting, better pacing, better action.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mugen1style

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Deltakiral wrote:
Never saw Star Wars Clone Wars, but I have this strange feeling that it couldn't of been very good.

Clone Wars was better than all 3 prequels. Better story, better acting, better pacing, better action.

Emerje

Yea I have to agree for the most part exept I liked Ep. one it fealt like Star Wars but Two and Three were some what disapointing. Wink
Haru to Ashura

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:33 pm Reply with quote
I've seen the first four 'episodes' of this show. While the story and characters for Legend of Duo are fine, the animation quality is SO terrible that it just really takes away from the experience of watching it. The only thing that's truly animated are mouth-movements and occasional blinking. They don't even animate people walking - they use cheap digital tricks and repeat camera angles instead. It's awful, downright awful.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:27 am Reply with quote
mugen1style wrote:
Yea I have to agree for the most part exept I liked Ep. one it fealt like Star Wars but Two and Three were some what disapointing. Wink

WHAT? Shouldn't it be the other way around?
Or were you just joking?

The Clone Wars things was right on track, though. I thought it was pretty sweet.

But back on topic, I saw the first few eps of the show too. Sort of cool a cool premise. But then again, I've made better animations in Mario Paint.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1