• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Some mangas you'd like to see as anime right now!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:34 am Reply with quote
Well for me a mangas i'd like to see in anime would be megatokyo (yes I know its an online manga but they have released it as a graphic novel), XXXHolic and Et Cetera. I've recently read megatokyo and I've gotten hooked onto it. I'll edit this once I take a look at my mangas.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
JustinSane

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:01 am Reply with quote
20th Century Boys and Parasyte. Would make great anime although I would rather wait til 20th Century Boys is finished so the adaptation wouldn't be crappy.
Nionel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:02 am Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
Well for me a mangas i'd like to see in anime would be megatokyo (yes I know its an online manga but they have released it as a graphic novel), XXXHolic...

I can understand your reasoning with Megatokyo, but since, as you said it is a web comic, made by a couple of guys here in the states it's odds of seeing an anime adaption are nil, mostly because just because they released their comic in a graphic novel means nothing, in fact quite a few webcomics have put books of their strips out and that doesn't means they're going to get adapted into movies or cartoon series.

As far as XXXHolic, Japan is getting a movie of it soon. I'm not sure if the movie is a manga adaption or not, but I'd say if the movie goes over well, the chances of an actually anime series adaption is pretty good.

Anyway, as far as mangas I'd like to see as anime, well, I'm gonna go with Death Note, on the fact that it will make an excellent anime (I say well, because it's a Shonen Jump title) and it probably one of the better series in the Japanese Jump right now. I'd also like to see more of Gunsmith Cats done in manga, I know it's a long shot because the series is so old, but it'd still be cool.
Rozzer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:14 pm Reply with quote
I've always wanted to see Blade of the Immortal made into an anime series... That would be one hell of a bloody, violent series!
silverwings

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:19 pm Reply with quote
I've wanted to see Alice 19th and Imadoki animated. One, because we don't seem to get a lot of really good Shojo anime anymore. Two, I'd love to see the anime's expand on some parts or characters in the manga that I felt were barely touched on or could have used more time and explanation. Very Happy
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Deathnote.

Also Chaotic Rune and Team Medical Dragon (Iryu) would be excelent too.

Deathnote is a cat and mouth thriller about a guy who can kill people at his whim (but who uses it to kill criminals in an attempt to scare the others into shape), and the detective trying to stop him.

Chaotic Rune is like Yugioh, only much more violent, in which the monsters battle in the real world and when they get limbs ripped off or die then their masters die as well.

Team Medical Dragon is similar to House, a series about an unsurpassed heart surgeon who insists on fixing sick people, whether the corrupt Japanese medical establishment wants him to or not.

All good stuff.
Kinkotsuman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Akira Toriyama's "Kajika"

The story of a young (extremely strong) boy who has been cursed by a fox demon he killed. The demon has made him half fox (and weaker, but still uber strong) and won't change him back until he saves 1,000 lives. Kajika gets caught up in saving the last dragon egg from a gangster because he wants to use it to become stronger (it's been awhile since i read it, so i can't remember some details).

The cast should be Kappei Yamaguchi as Kajika, Ichiro Nagai as the fox demon, and Akira Kamiya as the bad guy.
Animefan16

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Boku no futatsu no tsubasa. It's about a girl named Hiromi who hasn't seen her cousin Makoto in a long time. When she sees "him", she got a big surprise. Apparently, her cousin who she thought was a guy, now looks more like a woman than a guy and has big boobs. She also finds out that Makoto is a hermaphrodite. Some of the characters include Kanna, the lesbian who's in love with Makoto but doesn't know about her secret, and her ex-girlfriend who's jealous of Makoto.

This is one of the funniest, yet disturbing mangas I've ever read. I think it could make a great anime.
.Sy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:59 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to see Death Note as an anime. The mood and tone would have to be exactly right, or it woudn't work. The mood of the manga is done really well in the beginning and I was hooked. I'm interested in seeing the beginning, but if the manga drags...I'll just pretend the rest doesn't exist. Razz
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Deathnote.

Also Chaotic Rune and Team Medical Dragon (Iryu) would be excelent too.

Deathnote is a cat and mouth thriller about a guy who can kill people at his whim (but who uses it to kill criminals in an attempt to scare the others into shape), and the detective trying to stop him.

Chaotic Rune is like Yugioh, only much more violent, in which the monsters battle in the real world and when they get limbs ripped off or die then their masters die as well.

Team Medical Dragon is similar to House, a series about an unsurpassed heart surgeon who insists on fixing sick people, whether the corrupt Japanese medical establishment wants him to or not.

All good stuff.

i soooo want Chaotic Rune to become an anime. just the imagine the trend it would create.

i'd also like to see AirGear or Fressia animated.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Animefan16 wrote:
Boku no futatsu no tsubasa. It's about a girl named Hiromi who hasn't seen her cousin Makoto in a long time. When she sees "him", she got a big surprise. Apparently, her cousin who she thought was a guy, now looks more like a woman than a guy and has big boobs. She also finds out that Makoto is a hermaphrodite. Some of the characters include Kanna, the lesbian who's in love with Makoto but doesn't know about her secret, and her ex-girlfriend who's jealous of Makoto.

This is one of the funniest, yet disturbing mangas I've ever read. I think it could make a great anime.

Sounds hilarious and really unique.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
milcor1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:34 am Reply with quote
I think Blade of the Immortal would make an incredible anime if done right. The stylistic colorful vibrancy of that manga would look great onscreen. Not too mention the great action scenes and unique characters.
JustinSane

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:38 am Reply with quote
I think Vagabond would make an awesome anime as well. Although I've only had a chance to read the first volume I can tell that it's going to be a kick ass series with tons of blood, gore, and decapitation.
Animefan16

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:38 am Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
Animefan16 wrote:

Sounds hilarious and really unique.

You should definately read it. There are some scenes that might creep you out though.
Haru to Ashura

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Hmm-hmm. This is a good idea for a thread! Yes, kudos.

Manga I'd like to see as an anime:

Planet Ladder - Please!? A vivid world with interesting places and people and a complex plot...as long as they could retain the manga's unique looking character designs.

RG Veda - Yeah, I've seen that OVA. I wish they would reanimate RG Veda, whether it be TV or OVA, and actually finish it this time around! The OVA had beautiful, gorgeous character designs, btw.

The Wallflower - because it's downright hilarious. But some aespects might have to be toned down for TV-appropriate viewing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2