• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
end of evanglion ?'s

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shako

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:10 am Reply with quote
well i have to say i was really dissapointed in the ending i thought they made the movies because the series ended bad but the movie was even worse at least the one in the series gave hope that everything could come out ok but the end of the movie was horrible so first does anyone know what professor ikari said to ritzko(srry if i dont spell the names right) right before he shot her i still dont get taht and i know most of the other reasons for most things like how shinji only wanted auska alive i dont know why he didn't want anyone else which was weird but at the end spoiler[auska told shinji that he was disgusting when he was crying but was she serious or was it like sarcastic or joking] please awnswer my questions cause this is the most unsettling anime i have ever seen even worse than cowboy bebop
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:30 am Reply with quote
Go to the "Anime Episode Discussion" forum at animemusicvideos.org, there's a whole ton of discussion on this. Not that you can't talk about it here, but it would save you some time.
Sousuke Segari

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:04 am Reply with quote
I cant rember were I am quoting this from or if I am even quoteing any thing but here go's it.

Anno was upset with all the hateful letters and death threats he recived for the end of the show, so he made the end of evangelion and death and rebirth. we are focusing on Eoe, so

you have to under stand the people who complaind as it was explained to me wanted asuka to kick some ass in the end of the show but anno wanted to do something that would be compleatly abstract and origional. the movie is basicaly and heres the "quote" A literial up yours to all those hateful fans.

any way I am sory that you did not enjoy it as much , Eva is for some people and not for other's.

P.S. Gendo Says nothing to her There Idle words Ther acctualy is no Dialouge for that scene. Asuka was discusted at the fact that shinji Had the entire Fate of Man kind in his own sphear of control but gave it up and returned to the wimpy brat he had been for the last 15 misriable years of his life. In other words she was not joking.

-Curtis W.
gundamlion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:52 am Reply with quote
Sousuke Segari wrote:
I can't rember were I am quoting this from or if I am even quoteing any thing but here go's it.

Anno was upset with all the hateful letters and death threats he recived for the end of the show, so he made the end of evangelion and death and rebirth. we are focusing on Eoe, so

you have to under stand the people who complaind as it was explained to me wanted asuka to kick some ass in the end of the show but anno wanted to do something that would be compleatly abstract and origional. the movie is basicaly and heres the "quote" A literial up yours to all those hateful fans.

any way I am sory that you did not enjoy it as much , Eva is for some people and not for other's.

P.S. Gendo Says nothing to her There Idle words Ther acctualy is no Dialouge for that scene. Asuka was discusted at the fact that shinji Had the entire Fate of Man kind in his own sphear of control but gave it up and returned to the wimpy brat he had been for the last 15 misriable years of his life. In other words she was not joking.

-Curtis W.

wow, i really feel sorry for anno, after watching about 10-15 eposodes of eva and both movies i have to say i really like eva. yet haven't seen the ending of the series, but from all the info i got about the ending of the series, it sounds like anno wanted viewers to think of their own ending based on all they learned from the series. anno probably wanted to put us in the place of shinji, where everthing is done because we were told to, but in the ending, we are in charge of what happense, we are free, just like shinji. if people didn't get the ending they wanted they should never threaten the creator, and they should at least respect the ending for being what it was.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:36 pm Reply with quote
shako wrote:
well i have to say i was really dissapointed in the ending i thought they made the movies because the series ended bad but the movie was even worse at least the one in the series gave hope that everything could come out ok but the end of the movie was horrible so first does anyone know what professor ikari said to ritzko(srry if i don't spell the names right) right before he shot her i still don't get taht and i know most of the other reasons for most things like how shinji only wanted auska alive i don't know why he didn't want anyone else which was weird but at the end spoiler[auska told shinji that he was disgusting when he was crying but was she serious or was it like sarcastic or joking] please awnswer my questions cause this is the most unsettling anime i have ever seen even worse than cowboy bebop

Technically everyone can come back to human form if they choose to as a result of Shinji's decision, acording to Rei ("If you wish for others to exist then the walls of their hearts will seperate them once again and they will all feel fear." and ""Anyone can return to human form as long as they can imagine themselves in their own hearts"). He and Asuka were just the first out of an undeterminable number left open to the interpretation of the viewer.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:54 pm Reply with quote
shako wrote:
well i have to say i was really dissapointed in the ending i thought they made the movies because the series ended bad but the movie was even worse at least the one in the series gave hope that everything could come out ok but the end of the movie was horrible so first does anyone know what professor ikari said to ritzko(srry if i don't spell the names right) right before he shot her i still don't get taht and i know most of the other reasons for most things like how shinji only wanted auska alive i don't know why he didn't want anyone else which was weird but at the end spoiler[auska told shinji that he was disgusting when he was crying but was she serious or was it like sarcastic or joking] please awnswer my questions cause this is the most unsettling anime i have ever seen even worse than cowboy bebop
spoiler[Asuka said he was disgusting because: 1). of what he did on her when she was in the hospital, and 2). even though he had the power to resurrect the world, he was still a pathetic little tw@ for trying to choke the shyte out of her.]
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I didn't know Anno got death threats over EVA TV 25-26. . .I actually liked that ending, maybe a bit better than the movie. Shinji did that sort of thing at the beginning of the movie? I must have completely missed something here. . .
shako

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:46 pm Reply with quote
i have to say at least the movie made me appreciate the ending of the series but i hated how shinji and auska were the only ones left but auska still thought he was disgusting i thought they could of made it a little romantic in the end also about the movie i thought they would explain the relationship between rei and his mom a little better
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Wow, I didn't know Anno got death threats over EVA TV 25-26.

Yup. In fact, some of the hate mail flashes on the screen during EoE. In any case, while Anno certainly threw some elements into D&R and EoE as payback to the angry fans, the movie itself is quite well thought out (IMHO), and shows the external elements of 3rd impact that we do not see in the TV ending quite well.
coldfusion5050

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:33 pm Reply with quote
To answer your question, it is important to understand from the Japanese Perspective; from Juzzam's End of Evangelion:

spoiler[She then says her closing line, which in English is translated as "How disgusting." This line is very misunderstood. In Japanese, the line is "Kimochi warui", which can be translated as "I feel sick", "I don't feel well", "What a disgusting feeling", "How disgusting", "I don't like this feeling", or "This feeling sucks". The Japanese language tends to deemphasize personal pronouns. This line seems to repesent Asuka commenting on how she feels, rather than insulting Shinji one last time.]

So, the way the closing line is put into English is meant to have the same effect on us that is does in Japanese. And tha effect is: spoiler[Whatever truth you want to believe in.][/spoiler]
shako

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:47 am Reply with quote
well that makes me feel a little bit better maybe one day they will make another alternate ending dought it but it would be nice
ChurchofVirus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Unique and in general the best endings make you think.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1