• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
DLW, you might want to look into this(Cromartie v Cromartie)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:50 am Reply with quote
Warren Cromartie, a former Montreal Expos outfielder and legend in Japanese baseball circles because of his successful stint with the Yomiuri Giants, has filed an injunction to prevent screening of a film he says slurs his name. Cromartie filed the injunction with the Tokyo District Court, asking it to order distributor Media Suits to halt screening of the movie Sakigake! Kuromati Koko The Movie (Pioneer! Cromartie High School, The Movie). Kuromati is the Japanese pronunciation of Cromartie's name.

Source: http://www.kfccinema.com/
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:09 pm Reply with quote
So the manga happens and he does nothing. The anime happens and he does nothing. The movie happens and now he's trying to take them to court? Warren, what took so long?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
red stranger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Yeah. It does seem a bit odd, even suspicious, that he would object to the movie now, even though the manga and the anime have been out for a while.

Also, the movie doesn't really have anything to do with baseball, and he's not the only person in the world with the last name Cromartie (though he might be the only famous person in Japan with the name).
Mugen The Great

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:10 pm Reply with quote
There's a Chromartie movie!?! Somebody release this as soon as possible!

Getting back OT, the lawsuit will be lost. Bigtime.[/b]
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:30 pm Reply with quote
red stranger wrote:
Also, the movie doesn't really have anything to do with baseball, and he's not the only person in the world with the last name Cromartie (though he might be the only famous person in Japan with the name).

In this case the name Cromartie does refer to him.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1