• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fan Fics

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sk8ersheena

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:59 am Reply with quote
Anyone write fan Fics?
Anyone read fan fics?
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:07 pm Reply with quote
I use to read and I use to MST. The only MSTing I did was a Urusei Yatsura/X-File crossover. I did do half of one, never got it done, but after watching some MST 3K, I do add alittle more, or read the one I did get done and dress it up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:00 pm Reply with quote
What are fan fics and what is MST?
sk8ersheena

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Fan Fics- fan fictions
Fan Fics are stories that people like you and me write about anime and manga that all ready exisit. They may be based on a certain title or on many titles. An exampel of a fan fic might be taking your favorite title and rewriting a section the way you thought it should go.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:11 pm Reply with quote
sk8ersheena wrote:
Fan Fics- fan fictions
Fan Fics are stories that people like you and me write about anime and manga that all ready exisit. They may be based on a certain title or on many titles. An exampel of a fan fic might be taking your favorite title and rewriting a section the way you thought it should go.

In other words it's for people with a lot of time on their hand and full of immature imagination. Wink

But I think most people would want to create their own doushinji.
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:00 pm Reply with quote
MST or MSTing is based on the show, Mystery Science Theather 3000. For more info, Satellite News and Wikipedia which has some links to other MSTings.

And because someone asked (not to point anyone out.), Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4. Yeah, I wrote the MSTing with the skits, not the story. My brother edited and fixed most of errors.

Edit: "of" to "on". I heard the grammer cops breathing pretty hard for a sec.

Last edited by Ataru on Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:56 am Reply with quote
So Fan Fics are like Fan comics or whatever that show calls them. Comic Party
.Sy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:12 pm Reply with quote
ShinobiX wrote:
Yes, it's also in the Lexicon. I read one fanfic, and I don't think I'll be having any interest in them until I recuperate. As for writing fanfics...I have trouble just wording my posts, so any type of writing is a no-go.

Last edited by .Sy on Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Coffeeman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:23 am Reply with quote
ShinobiX wrote:

Fan Fiction is different from Doujinshi.

Doujinshi are fan-made comics.

Fan Fiction are only written; like stories based on the characters and situations of a show.

I personally don't read much Fan Fiction or write any... I just find it difficult to sit through them. This is only because of my own general inability to remember characters by name as opposed to face, and the fact that I find Fan Fics that stray too far from the canon, or stick too close to the canon (for example, I would be loathe to read a Nadesico Fan Fic that simply went over, essentially, an episode. At the same time, I wouldn't want to read one about Akito deciding he really does love Yurika and nobody else, and they decide to open a restaurant on Mars.)
Celestial_Jade

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:48 pm Reply with quote
you just gave me a great idea haha thanks!!!! I've been looking to write more fan fics.. i just haven't figured out on what.. i usually write about bands.. i never thought about writing it about anime characters... perfect thanks for the idea lol!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
neko ewen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:52 pm Reply with quote
sk8ersheena wrote:
Anyone write fan Fics?
Anyone read fan fics?

I used to write some fanfic (mostly Ranma 1/2 and Tenchi Muyo), but since then I've shifted to writing original stories (though usually with some anime influence somewhere in them). I don't have anything against fanfics, but doing original stuff is more suited to where I need to go as a writer.

I really ought to make time to read some now and then though. There's just so much to sift through. But then when I think about the stuff I read a while back, like Magical Girl Hunters and Ranma 1/2: March of the Pigs and Project Kawaii: Scramble Wars... Especially since now I can load stuff into my PDA to read on the go.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
All Arrembaggio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:57 pm Reply with quote
I tried to write a fanfiction, but I didn't like the way it turned out. I ended up putting it on hiatus until I got some better ideas for it. Then I just scrapped it. I thought my fanfic was better off as a video than it was as a book, and the chances of it being turned into a movie are non-existant.

Some things just don't work well in books.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1