• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Why go all weird on anime women all the time?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moto

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:23 pm Reply with quote
[color=red][/color]Lord, why does everyone go all perverted or " oh my gosh close your eyes on this part! " It just drives me totally insane Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad ! I mean, everyone at school is spreading rumors about this! They all blame it on me for what anime women they hear of! An example: I like to watch Agent Aika, but I don't care for the excessive panty showing. Please, anyone, give me an idea what I should do. Post, post, please post!
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:35 pm Reply with quote
You can't really change people who do that (at least easily). If people were brought up to avert their eyes from such things, then there isn't much reason in getting them to change.

I'm not exactly sure I'm getting the gist of your post. The people are perverted? Or the anime itself? If it's a people problem, well, not much you can do other than either ignore it, or plead your case. If it's a problem with the anime... well... some are just made that way. Either ignore the people, or try to show something else. There doesn't seem that there's much you could change in this situation (though your situation still is kinda fuzzy).
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Moto

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for somewhat understanding this. You've given me an answer, but I still need more opinions.

[EDIT - Use fewer emoticons. Thanks. -C]
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Maybe because you're watchig a perverted anime (Agent Aika) that's borderlining hentai, and expectiing people not to notice it or call it perverted? Come on Dude, it's not a good idea, especially in a school enviroment.

Oh yeah I don't know what the topic mean by "Why go all weird on anime women all the time". I don't "go weird" on women "all the time". Arrow

There's always a perverted anime fan in every school.

Last edited by darkhunter on Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:02 am; edited 4 times in total
Hikaru_Kirei

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:48 pm Reply with quote
My...you certainly do use an excessive amount of emoticons. ^-^;

Your situation...I'm not really clear on what to say. Apologies, but I don't know what you're trying to explain. (Sorry..I'm awfully confused..>.<;.)

Do the people at your school judge you on some of the anime shows you watch because you watch them and there happened to be those kinds of...
pantie showings...? o.o;

Or are you just irritated because of the reactions people give when anime women have their..erm.."moments"?

If it's the latter, there's nothing much you can do, but let them be. It's their personal thoughts and perspectives on these sort of situations. As Shiki MSHTS had said, it would be best if you ignored it. Even though from time to time, it may be difficult.

I've never heard of "Agent Aiko", but as long as you're enjoying your anime series, I believe that's all that really matters. ^-^
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Um...I'm not really getting what you're asking. A little more clarification would be appreciated. Confused

Mitsuhide A.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:56 pm Reply with quote
I think it would be much better if you explained the circumstances surrounding the situation in a more coherent manner. It hard for me to give an opinion if i'm not sure what im responding too and also, if i have no background information to go off of.
msi435

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:24 pm Reply with quote
You should be proud to watch perverted anime! Eventually all this kids in your class will discover that half naked chicks are cool and it won't be considered as taboo as you make it out to be! Consider you self a pioneer! Be proud! When all your friends balls drop they will understand.

But…

Like everyone else said you should clarify what you’re saying so we can help you with your specific situation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:53 am Reply with quote
I'm basically in the same camp as everyone else. If you don't want the "perversion" than don't watch series/movies/OAV's like Agent Aika or Plastic Little or anything else that has ADV's infamouse "jiggle counter".
Ataru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:28 am Reply with quote
Craeyst Raygal wrote:
or anything else that has ADV's infamouse "jiggle counter".

Did they do away with that after Burn Up Exess. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
Craeyst Raygal wrote:
or anything else that has ADV's infamouse "jiggle counter".

Did they do away with that after Burn Up Exess. Confused

I do believe that feature was only available on Burn Up Excess.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
angel_lover

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:52 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:

Plastic Little had it too.

Erm or so a friend of mine told me, honest Embarassed
angel_lover

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Grr my connection went weird and i ended up double posting, sorry...
cyrax777

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:32 pm Reply with quote
angel_lover wrote:
kusanagi-sama wrote:

Plastic Little had it too.

Erm or so a friend of mine told me, honest Embarassed

Plastic little started it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Aokage

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:06 pm Reply with quote
i'll be blunt...

it is better to own up to your actions, than to deny them. As terrible as this may come off...50 Cent said it best "I hate a liar more than I do a theif. One tries to steal my property, the other tries to steal my reality." Though some things are best left behind closed doors, if you are doing something, accept it. If you watch Bible Black, don't flip out and vehemently deny it. I'll be straight up. i've seen a hentai before. I saw Nine O'Clock Woman (absolute garbage by the way). I have no shame in saying that. But what would be embarassing, would be to dish out so much denial, and have myself later proven to be a liar. I'm not saying you are or aren't into hentai. I'm just saying that if you are into it, then just be up front. If you aren't into it, then screw anybody who tries to pin it on you. A lot of mainstream thinkers tend to believe that all anime feature one of two things

-Poor voice to animation sync, huge eyes and crazy names
-Big breasted women, panties and nudity and lots of violence

Sadly for their logic, not all anime are Najica, Fist of the North Star, and Pokemon. If you are sitting down reading Cowboy Bebop and they accuse you of being some sort of fetish feind, ignore them. Better to let people wallow in their ignorance then join in it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2