• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Inuyasha DVD question

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nirvana

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm thinking of watching Inuyasha, wondering how many DVD's it is total (the anime is complete right?)... Uh, how many episodes is it as well...?
one3rd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Not all of the U.S. DVDs have been released yet. The series is about 167 episodes long. Making a wild guess based on about 4 episodes per disc, since I don't know how many eps there really are per disc, it will end up being about 40 DVDs.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Inuyasha is 167 episodes, and so Inuyasha is being released at 3 episodes per DVD.

So far 29 TV series DVD's, two movie DVD's, and one boxset containing the first 27 episodes on 5 DVDs (equal to the first 9 TV series DVD's) have been released.

Viz has also announced DVDs 30-33 and movie 3

Inuyasha will be released on 56 DVDs in total (if you don't count the 1st season boxset), plus the movies (which are released on individual DVDs [3 so far]), Inuyasha will probably have a total of 60 DVDs

However, Madman Entertainment in Australia will be releasing Inuyasha at 4 episodes per DVD, making it about 14 DVDs less on the TV series side.

Honestly people, why can't anyone look at the releases part of the encyclopedia over on the left.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Klampo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:07 am Reply with quote
Honestly if your gonna be annoyed by responding, then don't respond and let someone answer the question. Dont burst a brain vessel
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:10 am Reply with quote
I don't mind answering questions, but there is an encyclopedia to use as well.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Nionel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:27 am Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
Inuyasha will be released on 56 DVDs in total (if you don't count the 1st season boxset), plus the movies (which are released on individual DVDs [3 so far]), Inuyasha will probably have a total of 60 DVDs

56 DVDs just for the TV series?! I supposed that's really no suprise, but looking at every DVD has an MSRP of $24.98 your looking at dropping around $1,400 dollars if you wanna buy the whole series, and that WAY too much for any anime series, IMO, and I'm sure there will be others that will agree...
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:32 am Reply with quote
That's MSRP though, and the boxset is selling at BestBuy for $85.99, at DeepDiscountDVD.com the boxset is selling for $65.99 and the individual DVDs sell for $16.99. (60 x $16.99 is $1019.40)
serenayasha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Are you wanting to know how many Episodes there are in the whole show or how many have be made in to DVDs.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Nionel wrote:
kusanagi-sama wrote:

56 DVDs just for the TV series?! I supposed that's really no suprise, but looking at every DVD has an MSRP of $24.98 your looking at dropping around $1,400 dollars if you wanna buy the whole series, and that WAY too much for any anime series, IMO, and I'm sure there will be others that will agree...

Future Boxset of Inuyasha will be released, much like Ranma.
And the boxset's disc won't have 3 episode per disc. The first season set had 4ep/per disc.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1