• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Voice Actor to Play Ryoko for Tenchi OVA 3

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colonel Wolfe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:28 pm Reply with quote
News about Kiyone ...
spoiler[That's not a Spoiler!!!]
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:49 am Reply with quote
Leon Soma wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
The second was a three, possibly four, volume novel written by the OVA's author and creator Mr. Masaki Kajishima. These were written just after the last episode of the second OVA to clearify a few things with detailed biographies, history, and continue the OVA story. It is from these that GXP was spawned, and the Third OVA has taken up and what I'd pay top price to see translated into English. Wink

Ohhh, I would love to read those novels. It's not totally out of the realm of possibility seeing as the Vampire Hunter D novels are being translated into english. So it's not a stretch to think that one day we'll be reading Tenchi novels. Sweet.
I had solicited VIZ two years ago about translating these. The then editor of the manga was very interested and had put the proposal forward to his marketing department. It looked hopeful as they were keen, but then there was a management reshuffle and it got dropped. I reminded the editor again about it and he put it forward again just last Autumn, but again it was put back as a possible future project but then again they have had a merger so who knows. But it's the squeeky wheel that gets the grease. If lots of us squeek enough, they won't forget about it. The editor was Eric Searleman for the Tenchi manga. his e-mail was [email protected], However according to the last volume it has changed again to a woman editor whose name I don' t know as I'm at work and don't have the GN with me. Wink

[UPDATE] New Viz editor for "All New Tenchi Muyo" manga is Shaenon K. Garrity.
[email protected]

Last edited by Mohawk52 on Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Shirasagi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Kusanagi-Kei wrote:
I'm sure Lynn will be back for Sasami. She's an icon in Tenchi Muyo!

Yeah. I'm glad the majority of the original cast are back - I just love K.T. Vogt's Washuu (not to mention I'm a fan of Washuu plain and simple - I'd vote for her if there were a poll about which anime character should get their own series/OVAs/mini-series).
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:31 pm Reply with quote
I received another email from Petrea today, and thought I'd post it, even though it really isn't news.

"Thanks so much for sending the link to the ANN forum. I
took a look tonight and it was fun to read what everyone
had to say, even the ones who didn't like my work! Because
what we do is called art, it's subjective and therefore
everyone's opinion is valid.

I SO appreciate the Tenchi fans and their desire for
consistency in the characters. I truly wish it could have
worked out. But c'est la vie. In the grand scheme of
things, I think we'll all manage to get on.

Thanks again.

Petrea"
Kusanagi_Kei

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Gasp! Shocked
The great Petrea Burchard read my posts in this thread!!!
It's an honor!!!

*sigh* We miss you, Petrea. Sad Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Kusanagi_Kei on Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:38 pm Reply with quote
VA's are awesome people. I say this just a few days after sitting across from Greg Ayers at Chili's while at the Tekkoshocon celebratory dinner.
Kusanagi_Kei

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
VA's are awesome people. I say this just a few days after sitting across from Greg Ayers at Chili's while at the Tekkoshocon celebratory dinner.

Yes indeed. People who reside in North America and have the money to visit anime conventions are really lucky. I don't have access to any prestigious convention, and I haven't met any seiyuu.

I have a whole list of seiyuu I want to meet. The seiyuu I want to meet are: Bridget Hoffman, Wendee Lee, Dave Wittenberg, David Lucas, Michelle Ruff, Petrea Burchard, Sherry Lynn, and lots more including the Tenchi cast of course.
For the Japanese seiyuu, I've just too many: Inoue Kikuko, Hisakawa Aya, Touma Yumi, Kawasumi Ayako, Hiramatsu Akiko, Hoshi Souichiro.... endless list!!

*sigh*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
Greg Ayers at Chili's while at the Tekkoshocon celebratory dinner.

Ayres is particularly awesome. He DJ'ed a dance at Kamikazekon, and well, it went on long into the night.
Leon Soma

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:
I received another email from Petrea today, and thought I'd post it, even though it really isn't news.

"Thanks so much for sending the link to the ANN forum. I
took a look tonight and it was fun to read what everyone

I SO appreciate the Tenchi fans and their desire for
consistency in the characters. I truly wish it could have
worked out. But c'est la vie. In the grand scheme of
things, I think we'll all manage to get on.

Thanks again.

Petrea"

Looking back, maybe posting my feelings wasn't such a hot idea. Didn't think Petrea would come anywhere near this thread. I must have sounded pretty strange. Oy vey. Getting nostalgic over an actress's performance. Whatever. I wonder if Petrea will ever touch the anime industry with a ten foot pole ever again.....
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:

I took a look tonight and it was fun to read what everyone

I love those lines. It really makes her seem like a really sweet and nice person. It's not often that you meet someone who is willing to take criticism so readily, and be so mature about it.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Leon Soma wrote:

Looking back, maybe posting my feelings wasn't such a hot idea. Didn't think Petrea would come anywhere near this thread. I must have sounded pretty strange. Oy vey. Getting nostalgic over an actress's performance. Whatever. I wonder if Petrea will ever touch the anime industry with a ten foot pole ever again.....
Well seeing as she has only worked on the Tenchi franchise and a short while on S.E. Lain, I think that is a given. I know she wants to be an on screen actress and is working hard toward that goal. She has done on screen roles in the past.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Awwww, that was so sweet. HUGS! =^__^=

Petrea, good luck on whatever you want to do, and remember that we'll never look at tea the same way again. Wink
Kasei Naito

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Its really sad that she couldn't return, but you still have to be thankful that most of the other cast will be returning.

I found Debi Derryberry's Site and e-mailed her about playing Ryo-ohki again. Here was her response, "Yes, I am returning for 3 more episodes! Thanks, Debi "

You can even e-mail her if you don't believe me. She will say the same thing she told me.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Kasei Naito wrote:

I found Debi Derryberry's Site and e-mailed her about playing Ryo-ohki again. Here was her response, "Yes, I am returning for 3 more episodes! Thanks, Debi "

How very odd, when you consider there are 6 eps.
Kasei Naito

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Yeah it is odd. I e-mailed her back on it, but still haven't got a response from her.

--Update--
Here was her response:

"Apparently Ryo -Ohki was only in 3 because that is all I did. Maybe I did 6 and didn't realize it. Sometimes they call 1 hour 1 episode instead of 2 30 minute episodes.
Debi "
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4