• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
question about Elfen lied

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sousuke Segari

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:10 am Reply with quote
Is the show worth seeing or not? Give me some info, no spoilers.
msi435

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:14 am Reply with quote
Sousuke Segari wrote:

I'm actually currently watching it! I've seen four episodes so far and it's really good! It's kind of violent at times... well actually it's REALLY violent... but if you can stomach that I'm sure you will enjoy it! Then again I’m only 4 episodes in so I don't know the whole deal yet!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Neclord516

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:24 am Reply with quote
I have watched the whole show and I can safely say it is one of my favorite series. The story and characters are so well scripted that I actually got attached to them. The action is also violent and very unique due to the way they have to fight. I would definitely suggest watching it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
MasterFuu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:52 am Reply with quote
It's very much worth seeing it. Twisted Evil
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Excellent series...but extremely violent and full of graphic nudity. Not one for the kidies is this one. Cool
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:55 pm Reply with quote
But it has puppies! Hehhehe... Twisted Evil

And yes, Elfen Lied is definetely the series to check, and when you do getit, watch it in the dark!
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Excellent series...but extremely violent and full of graphic nudity. Not one for the kidies is this one. Cool

And to think GANTZ has a TVMA rating and Elfen Lied has a TV14 rating.

I like GANTZ better, Elfen Lied did not live up to the hype for me.
Tasha

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Sousuke Segari wrote:

I'll keep it simple. No, it's not worth watching if you actually want to see an outstanding anime that succesfully combines violence with memorable characters and a compelling story. (Berserk and Monster being stellar examples.) However, if you want to watch a mediocre albeit mildly entertaining show that mistakenly believes that combining all the most unoriginal aspects of any given anime will somehow create something original, then Elfen Lied is certainly worth watching. Once.

....at least the OP was good.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Contrary to what Tasha thinks, the story works quite well and yes, it's quite enjoyable. I, for one, while not being surprised by the ultimate outcome of the series, still enjoyed it thoroughly, and will be buying the DVDs.

Yes there is quite a bit of violence, but really, it's not THAT bad. There is also a pretty strange fascination with breasts.
SnowfairyX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:51 pm Reply with quote
On animenfo.com "Elfen Lied" has some pretty high ratings, putting this title in the top 10 anime on this site. You can read up on over a hundred reviews of this title and decide if "Elfen Lied" is for you. As for me, I've already got this title reserved.
msi435

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:57 pm Reply with quote
As of 5 minutes ago i finished elfen lied, and yes you need to see this series. It just got a spot in my top 5.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:
Contrary to what Tasha thinks, the story works quite well and yes, it's quite enjoyable. I, for one, while not being surprised by the ultimate outcome of the series, still enjoyed it thoroughly, and will be buying the DVDs.

Yes there is quite a bit of violence, but really, it's not THAT bad. There is also a pretty strange fascination with breasts.

I dunno... the scenes that deal with Nyu/Lucy's past are pretty... harsh. It's a fairly bloody series at times. But yes, I enjoyed it and plan on buying it as well. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Godaistudios wrote:

I dunno... the scenes that deal with Nyu/Lucy's past are pretty... harsh. It's a fairly bloody series at times

True, but I don't know, it didn't bother me much at all. And I'm pretty touchy when it comes to lots of blood/gore.
soujiokita

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:15 am Reply with quote
I haven't watched it yet, but I'm planning to. I would suggest this anime to you if you enjoy bloody, lots of gore, drama, uncensored, and scary kinds of anime. Otherwise, don't watch it.
Sousuke Segari

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:43 am Reply with quote
Sweet, when does the first volume arive?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2