• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FMp box / single dvds

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Ok, so I was watching FMP on TAN and I was thinking that I should get the box with the t-shirt and what-nots. So I wen online and wham for about $60 there is a complete collection of FMA. The complete colection has some extras and INFORMATION ON PIRATED DVDS!!! I was wondering if any of you know if there are extras on the single volumes dvds.

Last edited by Perfectsword on Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
darkhunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Are you talking about fullmetal alchemist R1 DVD? Because there's 13 dvd total and I don't remember a tshirt or a complete collection.

Or are you talking about the Full Metal panic complete collection.
Same content, just repackage into slim dvd.
Full Metal Panic Complete Collection

The volume 1 + box + tshirt one, I think you should pass. The box is flimsy.
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:35 pm Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
Are you talking about fullmetal alchemist R1 DVD? Because there's 13 dvd total and I don't remember a tshirt or a complete collection.

Or are you talking about the Full Metal panic complete collection.
Same content, just repackage into slim dvd.
Full Metal Panic Complete Collection

The volume 1 + box + tshirt one, I think you should pass. The box is flimsy.

It is the Full Metal Panic set. I was worried that the box would be flimsy but the complete collection would be cheaper and it looks nice...Im really trying to figure out if the complete collection chips out extras that you would find on the single dvds. Im pretty sure not but it is always nice to know.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:04 pm Reply with quote
if you're talking about full metal panic, you can at least use the right acronym: FMP Wink

Nobody here knows yet since the collection isn't release yet.
And I believe it's just a repacking and it wouldn't make any sense to extract extra unless they were using a smaller disc count.

Last edited by darkhunter on Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:24 pm Reply with quote
I bought the single-issue DVDs. . .it's a good show, but not one of the best-value series that I've bought. You were asking about extras--it's ADV, so you can't expect too much. FMP doesn't have that many extras, compared to other shows like Angelic Layer (that still don't have very many). The seven discs all have the same features: clean opening and closing, production sketches, ADV previews (News flash, ADV: Ads aren't "bonus" features!), and piracy warnings. The piracy warnings are good for a quick laugh, because they take the standard FBI (or Japanese equivalent) warning and jazz it up, generally by putting it in a high school or military context--"Any other use of this disc, including as a weapon, is prohibited." There are also some rather nice inserts with characters pictured on one side and more details about the characters, mechs, and guns. Even so, I'd recommend the box set, not the individual DVDs.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:42 pm Reply with quote
If I'm understanding correctly, you want to know if the complete set has extras other then what are on the individual discs? No, the extras are the exact same ones you would find on the individual discs, as is most often the case.

BTW, you might also want to edit the topic from FMA to FMP. It's slightly confusing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1