• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
SFM Announces our First Hall of Fame Induction!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isaacada1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Anyone want to start nominating notable anime/manga directors/writers/etc.. to this?
--------------------------------------------
SFM Announces our First Hall of Fame Induction!
http://www.sfhomeworld.org/make_contact/article.asp?articleID=199

When: May 6, 2005
Where: EMP's Sky Church at 325 5th Ave N.
Tickets: March 29th for members, April 1st for general public

Greetings, Members of the Science Fiction Hall of Fame Academy!

Yes, you are part of this prestigious group of science fiction fans and we need your help! By simply being a member of the Science Fiction Museum, one of Seattle’s most exciting new cultural institutions, you are automatically a member of the Hall of Fame academy and are eligible to nominate potential inductees. SFM is now accepting nominations for the Class of 2005, which will be honored on the evening of Friday, May 6, 2005 in EMP’s Sky Church. Tickets for this historic event (cocktail hour, seated ceremony dinner & after-party) are $85—free to our Holodeck Members—and go on sale for SFM members on Tuesday, March 29.

When the Science Fiction Hall of Fame originally launched in 1996, the awards focused only on the literary creators and producers of science fiction. Thirty-six legendary writers and editors in the field have already been inducted. When the Science Fiction Museum and the Science Fiction Hall of Fame merged last year, it was decided to broaden the honors and recognize a wider range of creative endeavor.

We invite you, members of the academy, to make your nominations in four categories. You have until midnight (PST) February 28 to make your selections.

Literature
Art
Film/television/media
Other (publishing, education, research, music, etc.)
The rules are simple: each academy member may nominate one deserving name for each category. Posthumous nominees are acceptable. If you make a nomination in the “Other” category, you must identify the field or profession in which your nominee resides. The Hall of Fame exists to honor those who have shaped the field of science fiction and influenced our visions of our world, worlds beyond, and, of course, the future. Please consider your nominations carefully.

For a list of current Hall of Fame members, see the Hall of Fame Exhibit page »

Remember, you must make your nominations by midnight (PST), February 28. All nominations will then be reviewed and tabulated by our Executive and Induction Committees to determine the Science Fiction Hall of Fame, Class of 2005. Nominations should be e-mailed to [email protected], faxed to 206-770-2727, or mailed to:

Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame Nominations
2901 Third Avenue, Suite 400
Seattle, WA 98121

We look forward to receiving your nominations. Stay tuned for more information on the induction dinner, Friday, May 6!

Click here for information about becoming a member »
http://www.sfhomeworld.org/membership/index.asp
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1