• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto and One Piece on Cartoon Network

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Nionel wrote:
Again, I agree with Nagisa here as well, why would they change the music? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe all of ShoPro's anime that have aired on CN (and were originally intended from CN, so Megaman NT Warrior doesn't count) have kept their original music, the only big change I've noticed is that the OP/ED themes in Hamtaro are dubbed over, and I know the ED theme for Hamtaro IS the same as the Japanese one

I could be misinformed, but I've heard from other people that the music for Hamtaro was, indeed, changed by ShoPro. Have you seen the uncut version?
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Oh please God no! Not the Digital Bikini treatment! CN got such a slagging for that when they butchered Tenchi Muyo OVA 1, surely they wouldn't try that again? Rolling Eyes

Don't go overboard. Tenchi Muyo had a nudity, while Naruto had Sexy no Jutsu, which had alot of steam. You won't miss anything to begain with. Besides, if he . . . she, whatever, can wear a bikini for the games, what is the big deal to begain with.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Let's just call Naruto "it" when he does the Sexy No Jutsu, lol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
R.G.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Speaking of the Sexy No Jutsu,if it can't be called that for some reason,it could be called either :

1) Ninja Centerfold (used in Viz' translation)

or

2) Art of Cheesecake

I leave it to you to come with other alternatives.
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:38 am Reply with quote
R.G. wrote:
Speaking of the Sexy No Jutsu,if it can't be called that for some reason,it could be called either :

1) Ninja Centerfold (used in Viz' translation)

or

2) Art of Cheesecake

I leave it to you to come with other alternatives.

How bout bikini babe/girl?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:56 am Reply with quote
Mmmmmmm. Cheesecake.
Twage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:34 pm Reply with quote
koali aloalo wrote:
I'm totally bummed that Naruto is licensed and i hate to think of how the dubs will come up as. Sad

Yeah, I know. If only no one ever had to pay for anime. Oh wait, except then there would be no anime. OOPS.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Twage wrote:
koali aloalo wrote:
I'm totally bummed that Naruto is licensed and i hate to think of how the dubs will come up as. Sad

Yeah, I know. If only no one ever had to pay for anime. Oh wait, except then there would be no anime. OOPS.

God forbid it'll be in a language I can understand! oh no, the horror!
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
I could be misinformed, but I've heard from other people that the music for Hamtaro was, indeed, changed by ShoPro. Have you seen the uncut version?

The English ending theme is the same as the Japanese theme, just in, well, English. I know... I've got an MP3 of the Japanese song... on purpose. Anime smile + sweatdrop

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5