• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Have you people ever noticed?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msi435

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:36 pm Reply with quote
I remember early in my anime career, I would watch stuff like shadow skill and x the movie and be like "This is awesome" but then when I tried to watch those things again it blows! It's strange how the more anime you’re exposed to the more anime you realize is bad! Just a random thought I had...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Well, I thought Shadow Skill stunk from the beginning and I haven't seen X the movie. There actually aren't too many titles that I liked at one time and then disliked later in another viewing. The only ones I'd say are like that to me are G Gundam and Love Hina, but that's it. I still like G Gundam though, but not so much Love Hina.

Last edited by Tony K. on Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Career? Are you in Industry person?
darkhunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:56 pm Reply with quote
msi435 wrote:
I remember early in my anime career, I would watch stuff like shadow skill and x the movie and be like "This is awesome" but then when I tried to watch those things again it blows! It's strange how the more anime you’re exposed to the more anime you realize is bad! Just a random thought I had...

Just like all those people who hated Dragon BAll Z and Pokemon, were once huge fans of both series.
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:59 pm Reply with quote
I haven't really noticed that. Sometimes as a series progresses I find myself liking it less than I did before, but that is only because the show starts going in the wrong direction. There have also been times that I discovered a show I really liked does not have very much replay value, Kikaider was one example of a show that was not as good for a second time, but I still think it's a good show. Smile
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:04 pm Reply with quote
I had that same experience with Dragon Ball Z and Thundercats. I used to just love those shows, but now that I look back on them, I have no clue why I was so in to them. X the movie and G Gundam, however, I allways thought they stunk.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Bruce Lee wrote:
I had that same experience with Dragon Ball Z and Thundercats. I used to just love those shows, but now that I look back on them, I have no clue why I was so in to them. X the movie and G Gundam, however, I allways thought they stunk.

For the sake of accuracy, Thundercats is not an anime Wink
matticans

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:47 pm Reply with quote
I used to be the biggest DragonballZ fan. I used to buy all the movies as they came out and had the posters and cards and figures. But now i can't really stand the show and i rarely will sit to watch it for more than 5 minutes. The only sort of DBZ that i can really stand now are some DBZ AMVs just because they are short and to the point and not stretched out over a million episodes. That is really the only anime series that i can really say has just gone totally down hill for me.
Nionel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:02 am Reply with quote
I've had the same problem with DBZ as well, I really can't sit through the series anymore, though I still have no problem watching the movies, I can still watch a lot of the old school stuff that I watched when I was younger though Sailor Moon, Green Legend Ran, and Tokyo Babylon are still awesome, but I'd still like to rewatch some of the old movies that ran on Sci-fi channel when I was younger, however the only ones I can remeber are Dimion Tank Police, Iria, Urusei Yatsura 2 (awesome movie, IMO), Fatal Fury, Galaxy Express 999, EYES of Mars, Lodoss War (sp?), and Venus Wars
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:05 am Reply with quote
Quote:
For the sake of accuracy, Thundercats is not an anime

I know, but it's still relevant to the conversation - something you once thought was boss, really isn't Smile When I first started listening to rock music, I thought Greenday and Blink 182 were the best bands ever, but Once I knew better, though, I found out otherwise. It's just another example of the internal progression and growth one gets with knowledge and experience.

Last edited by Bruce Lee on Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
matticans

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:07 am Reply with quote
Nionel wrote:
I've had the same problem with DBZ as well, I really can't sit through the series anymore, though I still have no problem watching the movies, I can still watch a lot of the old school stuff that I watched when I was younger though Sailor Moon, Green Legend Ran, and Tokyo Babylon are still awesome, but I'd still like to rewatch some of the old movies that ran on Sci-fi channel when I was younger, however the only ones I can remeber are Dimion Tank Police, Iria, Urusei Yatsura 2 (awesome movie, IMO), Fatal Fury, Galaxy Express 999, EYES of Mars, Lodoss War (sp?), and Venus Wars

The Sci-fi channel is where i first saw Diminion Tank Police and Fatal Fury (i love mai Embarassed ) both of which are still some of my favorites. I remember back then when anime wasn't that big on tv and sci-fi was one of the few places that played it. Too bad they don't really do that anymore. Sad I don't know, just watching old anime brings me back.
Nionel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:15 am Reply with quote
Yeah, it is a shame that Sci-fi dropped the whole anime thing, and I forgot that's where I saw Vampire Hunter D Anime hyper

Well, at least Action Channel is still decent for seeing some non-mainstrem stuff, I don't have cable myself but my cousin told me that the Action Channel recently showed all of Hellsing
matticans

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:19 am Reply with quote
Ya. The Action channel does play some good stuff every now and then. I believed they showed all of Hellsing on newyears. they had some big newyears animefest. too bad i was out getting drunk Anime dazed .
Hunter Gren

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:59 am Reply with quote
I remember watching anime on scifi, I was active on the Anime Colony before scifi finally dropped it.

As memory and my VHS collection serves scifi showed

Green Legand Ran
EYES of Mars
Lily cat
Gail force: Eternal Story
Robot Carnival
Vampire Hunter D
Cashan Robot Hunter
8 man after
Venus Wars
Tank Wars
Dominon Tank Police
Akira
Tenchi Muyo in Love
Iria
UY2: Beautiful Dreamer
Armitage III: Poly Matrix
Fatal Fury
Lensman
roujin Z
Demon City Shinjuku
Project A-ko
Galaxy Express
Odin Photon Space Starlight
3x3 eyes
Record of Lodoss war
Robotech II: The Sentanals

I think there was more but I'm not sure what else
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lyger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:37 am Reply with quote
matticans wrote:
I used to be the biggest DragonballZ fan. I used to buy all the movies as they came out and had the posters and cards and figures. But now i can't really stand the show and i rarely will sit to watch it for more than 5 minutes. The only sort of DBZ that i can really stand now are some DBZ AMVs just because they are short and to the point and not stretched out over a million episodes. That is really the only anime series that i can really say has just gone totally down hill for me.

not again Mad

everybody here who use too like dbz hates it because there "smart" Rolling Eyes now and always mention how rubbish it is now

it is all because of the frieza/goku fight. yeah i admit it went on too long with things like this fight will finish in 5 minutes and continues on for 5 episods and if you actully watched it you would know the best episodes are the ones with no fighting spoiler[like the one where videl Learns to fly ]

i hate these morons who turn on dbz the second every one else does because they think it is cool to call it stupid and boring and these is the same show that got many pepole into anime and made cartoon network get every ones new favorite shows like cowboy bebop and ghost in the shell(im not bashin these shows i actually like them)

im no just saying this too matticans but too all the dbz bashers on this board
you dont have to like it but show it the f,n repect it deserves
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2