• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
So at the end of GTO...

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msi435

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:35 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[he just runs from the cops, the school, and all of his students and starts a new life? Kind of strange if you ask me. Did he leave because the last student who he gave a lesson to was the last rebellious one and once he helped all of his kids he felt as though he could move on to a different school?]

GTO Frickin' rocks! I watched it all in 3 days I recommend it to everyone!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Eric

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:58 pm Reply with quote
That's certainly how the series ends. I think the manga continued on after that, though. As to why he did it, that's up to interpretation.

And I watched it in 2 days.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Actually, I heard that last little arc with Miyabi never even happened in the manga (haven't read it though), but yes it's a "great" series Razz, nonetheless (in Japanese Wink).

I recommend you check out the live action series as well. In my opinion, the drama is superior to that of the anime.
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:21 pm Reply with quote
msi435 wrote:
spoiler[he just runs from the cops, the school, and all of his students and starts a new life? Kind of strange if you ask me. Did he leave because the last student who he gave a lesson to was the last rebellious one and once he helped all of his kids he felt as though he could move on to a different school?]

GTO Frickin' rocks! I watched it all in 3 days I recommend it to everyone!!!

That certainly is a way to interpret Onizuka's departure. I thought of that too, but then I ask spoiler["Why America? Why California?"] Not that I have a problem against it, but why?

Tony K. wrote:
Actually, I heard that last little arc with Miyabi never even happened in the manga (haven't read it though), but yes it's a "great" series Razz, nonetheless (in Japanese Wink).

I recommend you check out the live action series as well. In my opinion, the drama is superior to that of the anime.

The last arc of Miyabi in the anime never happened in the manga. But, instead, her reasons are finally being revealed in the Manga right now. Volume 22 starts it off, 23 will pick it up and the final two volumes will be the climax and resolution of Miyabi.

And yes, the live action is the best.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
one3rd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:

I have recommendation forthose who have seen neither version. If you want to properly enjoy both of them, watch the anime first. Otherwise, you might be disappointed by the anime.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:06 am Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
I have recommendation forthose who have seen neither version. If you want to properly enjoy both of them, watch the anime first. Otherwise, you might be disappointed by the anime.

Yes, yes. I recommend the anime first as well. Seeing it will make the intricacies and subtlties of the live action that much more fun. Going the other way and watching the live action first may cause the anime to appear less likeable because of the differences in slapstick and realism. But trust me, any of you who watch the anime will like it a lot (in Japanese, anyway).

Same goes for Kenshin. This reason is basially why I tell people to watch the TV series then Tsuioku-hen. It just makes more sense after you've "gotten a feel," so to speak, plus the MAJOR changes in atmosphere and all that.
MasterFuu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:03 am Reply with quote
From the GTO anime last episode I understood too that spoiler[Onizuka helped the whole class and it was his time to leave. The fact that he ended up in California was kinda cool. As far as I know the last two anime episodes are not in the manga. ] Truly one of greatest anime of all time. Live action is fantastic too. GTO is a great success in anime, drama, manga. Very rare if you ask me.

Who liked the Onizuka's face expressions should check out Golden Boy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1