• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Pretty Guardian Sailormoon discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaitoueesu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:17 am Reply with quote
Probably one of the greatest things to come out of Sailormoon is the live action series, Pretty Guardian Sailormoon. During the summer I was browsing around then net and found a site talking about a live action Sailormoon. I couldn't believe it. I immediately looked at the characters and knew I had to see it. I finally finished buying the series during christmas and I loved it.
I was just wondering if there were any other fans out there. Maybe discuss this topic further or something. If people have questions or just want to post, then go ahead.
Cassandra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:36 am Reply with quote
I love PGSM Anime smile I've seen the entire series, the Making Of special and the Special Act. I'm impatiently waiting for Act Zero to come out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
kaitoueesu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:59 am Reply with quote
I can't wait for Act Zero. I love Minako. There are two special stories to go with it and one is about how Mamoru became Tuxedo Mask.

I wish I could see Special Act. I saw pics from it in my PGSM Memorial Book....but I can't find anything online about buying it...you know...in region 1. I bought the whole series in Region 1. I have all four box sets. YEAH!!

spoiler[I still can't believe Minako died.] I was so sad. I was like, "-B-, whatchu doin'?!" It made me want to cry. This series is so much better than the anime because the characters actually have lives and personalities. I grew to love them all....even though when I just re-read that sentence in my head it sounds stupid. lol
Cassandra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:03 pm Reply with quote
kaitoueesu wrote:
I can't wait for Act Zero. I love Minako. There are two special stories to go with it and one is about how Mamoru became Tuxedo Mask.

I wish I could see Special Act. I saw pics from it in my PGSM Memorial Book....but I can't find anything online about buying it...you know...in region 1. I bought the whole series in Region 1. I have all four box sets. YEAH!!

Just for the record, those would be bootlegs. There aren't any legit Region 1 PGSM DVDs. Only Region 2.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:27 pm Reply with quote
I personally love the PGSM dancing video. Not because it's good, mind you, but because it's so outrageously silly that every PGSM fan needs to check it out. Badly choreographed dance routines to character songs? I'm so there.
ParaParaJMo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I believe this is the only little girl sentai in history, is it not Laughing Razz ? Anyway, I thought it followed the manga a little bit more than the anime did which is what brought me to like it. I was shocked that the guy who plays Motoki was in Battle Royale 2, I recognized him right away Laughing. spoiler[He was the first guy to get killed in the movie].
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:05 am Reply with quote
I am up through episode 44 on the fansubs, and already have the rest of the eps in my possession, so I guess I qualify as a fan. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:40 am Reply with quote
Haha, that dancing video. It's a great mix of horror and comedy. Every Sailor Moon fan should own it.
kaitoueesu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:58 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
Badly choreographed dance routines to character songs?

That is so true. I saw Kirari Super Live and it's so funny to see them dancing...especially to Romance. I love that song though.
kaitoueesu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Cassandra wrote:
kaitoueesu wrote:

Just for the record, those would be bootlegs. There aren't any legit Region 1 PGSM DVDs. Only Region 2.

I know...but, people download it online all the time and it's pretty much the same thing. Some people who put the episodes on there bought the pirated version themselves.

Last edited by kaitoueesu on Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
kaitoueesu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:00 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
Haha, that dancing video. It's a great mix of horror and comedy. Every Sailor Moon fan should own it.

I think they should. lol

I saw some screens from it and I couldn't stop laughing. Laughing
Akumajou

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:18 pm Reply with quote
kaitoueesu wrote:
I know...but, people download it online all the time and it's pretty much the same thing. Some people who put the episodes on there bought the pirated version themselves.

I was introduced to the US version of SS back in the 90s at 6AM and eventually discovered fansubs recorded from Japan TV and got most of em, I even got some of the live action acts specials and I feel that it was just inevitable that SS would get a live action remake show.

Since no US company will ever do justice to Sailor Moon there is no point in waiting IMHO its just better to download and buy the pirated of Japanese versions in you can afford them.

I also think that the live action version is not better than the anime version and that the anime version is not better than the live action because they both have their flaws but reguardless the Sailor Moon story is the best part of SS and at least for what we know the SS series will hopefully remake and retell all the manga stories in the best way possible including the movies and I really do hope that no US company does not pick up Sailor Moon because it really is a culture appart that the US sheltered audience will never understand.
ParaParaJMo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

As a certain site that I get my DVDs would say, "[This URL is a known Bootlegging website] does not sell 'bootlegs.' They sell Hong Kong DVDs that are legally sold throughout Hong Kong and South East Asia under the reigion 0 code."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
kaitoueesu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I feel that it was just inevitable that SS would get a live action remake show.

There won't be anymore PGSM...aside from Act Zero. The cast party they had was to commemorate the ending of the season and show all together. They aren't going to continue with the live-action series....unfortunately. StarS would be great to see in live action form.
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Question: I've been reading on other forums that Chisaki Hama (Sailor Mercury) recently changed her name to "Rika." Are there any websites with information on this so I can update her profile on the Encyclopedia?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2