• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Case Closed on LA channel 18.2 starting 8/21.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dylandog

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:38 am Reply with quote
If you're in the LA area, KSCI-TV channel 18.2 (UTB Hollywood) will start showing Case Closed (aka Detective Conan) on August 21st.

schedule: http://utbhollywood.com/en/anime/caseclosed/index.php .

I get the channel OTA, but it's also on Cox Cable. Not sure if it's on any other cable systems.

The TV ad says the broadcast will be subtitled. The ad also has the "Case Closed: One Truth Prevails" logo, so I assume the show is being licensed from Funi and will have the same content as the DVDs.
Jessica Hart

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Detective Conan subbed on American TV? Never thought It'd see the day...
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Well the channel is a Japanese-language channel, soooo.
I am curious if they really mean 1030pm and not a.m. for the second airing of Conan because that is the timeslot shows up after 9pm.
dylandog

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:35 pm Reply with quote
LA UTB (OTA 18.2, Cox 480) has started showing new subbed Conan eps as of this Sunday (11/18), starting with ep 124 (original broadcast) or 131 (UTB's order), "Mysterious Assassin (Part 1)." This is the first ep after the Funimation-released ones, and I think this is the first time these eps have been broadcast in the US. The times haven't changed (Sat/Sun 6:30am and 10:30am).

-dylandog
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1