• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Gundam Seed timeslot

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaiser Wilhelm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:20 am Reply with quote
This is just a heads-up to anyone who is interested. Gundam Seed will be airing at 1 AM EST tonight were it left of at last Saturday with episode 27.
The Frankman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:15 am Reply with quote
Not good the first 15 minutes. No intro, seems to have a ton of commercials, and without that TOONAMI break w/ the cool music it doesn't feel right. They better have the ending at least.
The Frankman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:32 am Reply with quote
awww, HELL NAW . . .

THEY VOICED OVER THE ENDING?? THIS IIS WORSE THAN BEFORE!!! Aww, i'm mad now . . .

Will I still watch Gundam Seed???

Damnn Straight.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:36 am Reply with quote
Not to mention they're still using the FIRST ending sequence. Confused

But yea, I'll still watch it.
The Frankman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:43 am Reply with quote
Ya know, I like that ending sequence. at least I taped it without the voiceover so I'm somewhat ok. And tomorrow, Read Or Die. Hopefully I can get some discusson of it in my website.
Sun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:30 am Reply with quote
NOOOOO, i forgot all about that Sad Anyone mind writing a summary Sad
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:44 am Reply with quote
A bulk of the episode is recaps. But near the end showed new material, but I forgot what happened. Mad

It's so late so I'm sleeping.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:28 am Reply with quote
It's basically a second recap episode focusing on the mobile suits (since it's being told through the point of view of one of Morganroete's head technicians reviewing Strike's combat data or somesuch). The only really noteworthy points are that they hint around about the spoiler[SEED Factor (although nothing's definitively stated...this is actually the closest they get in the entire series to covering the issue, sadly)] and Orb's new mass-production mobile suit, the M1 Astray, is introduced in the last few minutes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:12 am Reply with quote
I didn't know about this rescheduling, so I flipped to CN at midnight CST expecting to see more rerun of .hack//TWILIGHT (since I missed an ep or two the first time around). Was surprised - but not disappointed - to see Gundam SEED there.

Hmmm, I thought they were only going to run the first 26 episodes at this time? Are they now going to run the rest of the initial 52?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DragonofHeaven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:44 pm Reply with quote
I was fairly disappointed in the recap yesterday...and the week before-_- Anyway...

The Frankman wrote:
THEY VOICED OVER THE ENDING?? THIS IIS WORSE THAN BEFORE!!! Aww, i'm mad now . . .

Yeah, I was rather miffed at that too-_- I can't believe that they would voice over such a good song...and I like the animation for that ending, even if it isn't as good as the original ending for the DVDs. *sigh*

Key wrote:
Hmmm, I thought they were only going to run the first 26 episodes at this time? Are they now going to run the rest of the initial 52?

I would think so. I also thought they would only run the first half of the series, wait for more dubbing to be finished, and then air another season of it later. I guess I was wrong, it seems that Gundam Seed is still going strong^^;
emory

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:

Yeah. It's not coming back to Toonami.
madaudet03

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:44 pm Reply with quote
The Frankman wrote:
awww, HELL NAW . . .
Will I still watch Gundam Seed???
Damnn Straight.

they always vioce over the ending. i have it raw the ending and the intro are tied into the story.
the thing that pissed me off is they cut about 5 mins out of every episode. mostly parts of the story that go over the intro outro. or they comercial break before the outro so it doesn't fit or you forget what they. were talking about.
you want clean intro and ending get the dvd what a strange thing to complain about. i think its great that theres a reason to watch both. and they tie in so well.
i know terry means bird but torry sounded cooler and a hello just isn't cool without the acent.

seed is awesome i think its much truer to the original then the latest iterations (sd what the hell were you thinking) and i love the mech desighns much more machine and not all this new bio crap. Thats so popular now. Back to the original strugle new types versus norms or sorry colaborators versus norms.
xSousukeSpikeAmonx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:

Yea i thought the same too...Gues I was wrong. I got bored last night and flipped on CN. Well I was had forgot about Seed being on but I olny missed like the first 3 minutes. It looks like they are going to run all of the episodes now. I'm glad though. I have the first 3 discs and the game for GBA. (Gundam Seed Battle Assualt) I taped it last night in case I feel asleep. After seeing the ending I am interested in what will happen and also what Athrun and his group are going to do. I haven't seen any of it excpet what's been on TV and DVD. Anyways, I am even more excited about it continuing instead of reruns, but I still would have watched it. I hate they didn't show the ending to River by Tatuya Ishii. I like all the openings and endings along with their sequences so far. I've seen the sequences for Invoke, Moment, and Anna ni issho datta no ni. They are all great.
The Frankman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:22 pm Reply with quote
BTW madaudet03, by voicing the ending I meant they talked about Cyborg 009 coming up next during the song. When it was on TOONAMI the song played uninterrupted. Also it's Natuarals vs. Coordinators.
xSousukeSpikeAmonx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:42 pm Reply with quote
The Frankman wrote:
Also it's Natuarals vs. Coordinators.

I think everyone in here talking in this forum knows that or at least I hope they do. Kira belongs to the coordinators but he wont fight with them since he has many close natural friends on the archangel. Athrun and everyone on his side are the Coordinators and Mu La Flaga and everyone on his side are the Naturals.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9