• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Any news on a second season of Blade of the Immortal?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrewmac52

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:49 am Reply with quote
I just finished watching Blade of the Immortal, and it doesn't really end, there's a lot of thing left open. The series seems like it could have a second season, and I know there's enough manga out to make one. So has anyone heard any word on this? I'd hate to see this one go the way of Berserk.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:30 am Reply with quote
Considering how poorly Bee Train adapted it, I don't think we'll see one any time soon. Perhaps someday there'll be a reboot done by a more competent studio.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Bee Train also is not in the habit of making sequels to anything as far as I know. When they're done, they're done.

Also if Blade of the Immortal went the way of Berserk that would actually be good since that's getting continued.
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Bee Train also is not in the habit of making sequels to anything as far as I know. When they're done, they're done.

Also if Blade of the Immortal went the way of Berserk that would actually be good since that's getting continued.

Berserk is continuing? Well that's news to me or just another rumor.....
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:18 pm Reply with quote
ooh cool can always trust ANN sources. Well better not be a crummy revamp of the already produced 25 episodes. Those typical suck.

Hope they continue with story, well Berserk manga does get a bit dry after 200s. It loses awe.
Andrewmac52

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Haven't heard anything solid on new episodes. As far as I know they were planning it in the near future though, and releasing a remastered version until then. I've heard the creator wont allow anymorw Berserk to be produced until he finishes, or until he passes. May not be long though given his health. Don't know how much any sources can be trusted, there has been a lot on a second season of Berserk since the first finished. Would love to see both of these continued though.
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Till he finishes or passes? LOL have you read the Berserk manga lately? For Dark Fantasy fine. Story-wise? It [expletive] SUCKS now lol. Too many times you can tell the author has no idea what to do with the story anymore. Manga way past overdue already. I think the issues are:

1. times move on
2. well today's kids don't enjoy the violence that is depicted in Berserk.
3. Friends, family, love, communion, and all that mushy crap is what sells. Yeah, that's not Berserk.

Well the lesson learned here is that too much of the same thing + crappy story = fail. Berserk is not story driven anymore. Instead the author did the old bait and switch. Now, Berserk is just about ravaging women, bestiality, and gore. I believe after 300+ chapters of that, the typical person would get bored unless he (funny if she) likes to watch women get raped by dogs, rats, and horses.

Despite the downhill trend the manga has taken, I too would like to see a sequel that's true to the manga. Berserk is praised for its uniqueness. Ironically, that trait is also its greatest flaw, hence the long wait for this new adaptation.
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Considering how poorly Bee Train adapted it, I don't think we'll see one any time soon. Perhaps someday there'll be a reboot done by a more competent studio.

You know Production I.G had just of much of a hand in adapting Blade of the Immortal, don't you?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Director - Bee Train
Series Composition - Bee Train
Screenplay - Split
Storyboard - Bee Train
Episode Director - Bee Train
Character Design - Bee Train
Art Director - Bee Train
Animation Director - Split

I'm not so sure about that.
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Screenwriters are not tied to individual studios. The art direction is by Production AI not Bee Train. At least one of the Executive producers (Michiru Ishikawa) is from I.G oh and

Planning: Mitsuhisa Ishikawa I.G's very own CEO.

and if you need any more convincing A screenshot of the OP

Samura liked it enough it seems. He keyed 2 episodes, made a Cameo Role, made a scroll painting and talked one on one with the director.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:08 am Reply with quote
So the Art Director. Yoshimi Umino, has been the art director for the following series: .hack//SIGN, .hack//Legend of the Twilight, .hack//Roots, Madlax, Meine Liebe, Murder Princess, and Requiem for the Phantom... and you think that art direction is by Production AI? Per the ANN encyclopedia the only thing Production AI did was background art. And yes, IG did production assistance, but that's different than them being co-producers, meaning that there wasn't an equal share of work done by Bee Train and IG.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1