• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Will Turn A's musical score be liscensed in America?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedvsBlue

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:56 pm Reply with quote
I wont lie, I've never seen Turn A *although thats going change soon!* but I know the music is done by Yoko Kanno and I've become a bit of a fanatic. @_o"

I've heard the sound score is really good and if It's done by Yoko Kanno then it should live up to some of her best work.

Does anyone know if It's going to be liscensed, maybe when Turn A anime is liscenced or before then?

Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:15 am Reply with quote
I would say maybe. Since Bandai has the rights to everything Gundam, I wouldn't be surprised if they released a "special/limited edition" Turn A box set or something that included the OST, but I think profit prediction and popularity also come into hand, which is why I say maybe.

In any case though, if Bandai doesn't license it, maybe Geneon or Anime Trax will...
Annie_Jr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:18 am Reply with quote
I'm sure it will be licensed soon. I see Geneon or Bandai, like Tony K said, picking it up. But, I know it will be here very soon. Just a matter of time.
Shinotaku14
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Well, we should see it eventually. Though, that all depends on whether Bandai ever does anything with it. It’s a more lucrative business to sell a sound track to a show or movie you can buy in the domestic market. It would be like putting out the sound track of some random Korean Dorama without the Show being released by anyone here in the US. It would most likely not make much money.

Also, I’m under the impression that nobody has the US distributions rights to anything concerning Turn A Gundam. So the chances of it being released here will sky rocket after there's some sort of release of the anime. What little of Turn A Gundam I have seen has been admittedly pretty darn boring, so i don't see the liscencing of this anime or the musical score to be imminent in the near future.

If they ever do a compilation of Yoko Kanno's stuff though, this might find its way to it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1