• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Official Tournament Proposals - Results!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:28 pm Reply with quote
At this point it's pretty clear that if you're in favor of Coolest Character, you should be voting for Best Mentor as your secondary vote, since Best Rivals seems to have by far more support.

I just thought I'd point that out... [/manipulation]
DarkRoseFairy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Best Adversaries: 4 points
Coolest Character: 2 points
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to second Clasicalzawa's vote of "whatever".
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:49 pm Reply with quote
I think either coolest character or best adversaries would make for a good competition, so...

Coolest character: 3 points

Best adversaries: 3 points
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nosferatu21

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Best Adversaries: 3pts
Coolest Character: 3pts

Agree with dtm's sentiments about Best Mentor being too close to Best Supporting Characters. I feel like we would probably just end up regurgitating the same arguments for characters from the Best Supporting to Best Mentor. I didn't participate in Best Supporting but I lurked through it so I could find some interesting characters and shows to watch. I think it would be nice if there was a bit of a break for people in reading the exact same arguments for and against some characters who will probably be chosen for Best Mentor who were also in Best Supporting. A good example would be Urahara Kisuke who went pretty far in the Best Supporting tournament and would most likely make the field for Best Mentor.
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Coolest Character - 4 points
Best Adversaries - 2 points
nightjuan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Best Adversaries: 3 points

Coolest Character: 3 points

Either of these would be just fine as far as I'm concerned.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:59 pm Reply with quote
I think the reason Best Mentor wouldn't overlap too much with Best Supporting Character (at least not as much as Comic Relief) because we'd be judging but a bit of a different criteria (at least I would be).

That said, I honestly don't have much of a preference between the two but if I have to pick (and I'm making myself do it anyway, then ...

Coolest Character: 3 points
Best Adversaries: 3 points
Key

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Voting is now closed.

Apologies for the delay; this really should have been done this time yesterday, but the combination of a football game and Texas Hold 'Em distracted me. Razz

RESULTS
We had 20 people register votes on the proposals - less than I would have hoped (we've typically been in the mid-30s) but still enough to be substantial.

Best Mentor was a strong leader early but got almost no support past the first five voters; it finished with 18 points. Best Adversaries put up a worthy struggle in finishing with 47 points, but Coolest Character, on the strength of the highest number of primary votes, racks up 55 points and claims the win. Thus, that will be the theme of our upcoming tournament, with Best Adversaries looking like a strong contender to be the topic next time.

At some point later tonight - once I've had a chance to work out how exactly I want to word and format things for this category - I will start a new Nominations thread. Procedures will likely be nearly identical to last time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DarkRoseFairy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:05 am Reply with quote
As I look back at how people voted, it looks like Coolest Character have always been on people voting list either as first choice or second choice. Alot of people who had wanted Best Adversaries or Best Mentor as their first choice almost always have Coolest Character as their second choice. I guess that why Best Adversaries have lost, though Coolest Character is fine by me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4