• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Kamikaze Douga Studio Posts English Hiring Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daichi383

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:52 pm Reply with quote
I love that guys epic rapeface when that lady was lookin at the chart and in the rest of the video Twisted Evil
nhat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:35 pm Reply with quote
daichi383 wrote:
I love that guys epic rapeface when that lady was lookin at the chart and in the rest of the video Twisted Evil

yeah that guys face is really freaky... lol

Quote from the video: "Kindly watching her is..... you!"

O.o
Karisu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:14 pm Reply with quote
daichi383 wrote:

I wonder if the rapeface is a job requirement.
PBsallad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Glad I wasn't only one who thought he was creepy.

nhat wrote:
Quote from the video: "Kindly watching her is..... you!"

O.o

That was my favorite part of the video. All though the parts when the music would drown out what the narrator was saying were pretty good too.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:01 pm Reply with quote
I presume that they will be hiring from the sex offender registry.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:37 pm Reply with quote
If nothing else, it's interesting to FINALLY get a little insight on salary. approx $30k/yr (and only that high because of the currently awful exchange rate) to be a production mgr. I'm curious what the hours are like, because it could be below min wage (for US) if they're pulling high hours like some US entertainment companies do.

(and yeah, you'd think an animation house making their own commercial would at LEAST have better facial expressions)
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:44 pm Reply with quote
For a company which prides itself on professionalism, it did a poor job of balancing the audio of the background music so it didn't interfere with the recruiting voice.
TokyoGetter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:29 pm Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
If nothing else, it's interesting to FINALLY get a little insight on salary. approx $30k/yr (and only that high because of the currently awful exchange rate) to be a production mgr. I'm curious what the hours are like, because it could be below min wage (for US) if they're pulling high hours like some US entertainment companies do.

(and yeah, you'd think an animation house making their own commercial would at LEAST have better facial expressions)

Wait, animation is slave labor?

Who would have thought?
Ari-chan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:46 pm Reply with quote
They should really be hiring for an audio/video mixer, since who-ever did this piece of work deserves to be fired for that awful audio drowning out the narrator.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:52 pm Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:

It seems distressingly consistent animation work generally. I read an article on Cartoon Brew yesterday that gave the average starting salary for an animator at the New York branch of Titmouse Studios as $20,800. I earned more than that working as a temporary loan operations assistant at a back in suburban Bethlehem.

Ari-chan wrote:
They should really be hiring for an audio/video mixer, since who-ever did this piece of work deserves to be fired for that awful audio drowning out the narrator.

Yes, and to make sure that the audio works with the acoustics of a windowless van.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The Goron Marshall

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:14 am Reply with quote
The animated guy is a little too creepy, especially that smirk he makes every dang time. But other than that, the rest of the video was quite funny and interesting to watch.

I have to wonder though, is the animated guy seriously worth it? Or the smirks at least...
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:52 pm Reply with quote
TokyoGetter wrote:

Wait, animation is slave labor?

Who would have thought?

I wasn't in any way SURPRISED, I'm just saying it's interesting to get ACTUAL numbers rather than vague generalities like "it doesn't pay well", which is subjective.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1