• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Is AnimeCastle A Good Place to buy Anime products?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LadyAyame

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Is AnimeCastle a good place to buy Anime soundtracks and DVDs?

The reason why I ask because when I looked on there, I discovered that they have the first Inuyasha Soundtrack at a really good price, but I'm somewhat apprehensive to use my debit/credit card on-line because I don't want no one to tap into social security or something and mess up my life. Sad

I talked to some people about ordering from e-bay and they say that it's not that safe and you're not necessarily guaranteed that you will get the stuff you paid for. Shocked

I tried to look for the Soundtrack on bestbuy but they only have the DVDs, which is not actually what I'm looking for at the moment. Wink

If AnimeCastle is not a good place to order, could someone tell me where to find a website that is safe for me to order on-line? Embarassed

Doomo arigatoo gozaimasu.

(I'm currently taking Japanese.) Razz
CrackaJax

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:08 pm Reply with quote
AnimeCastle sells bootleg CDs, and their anime isn't the best of prices.

I think its agreed upon here that www.deepdiscountdvd.com is your best choice for DVDs, and you'll have to shell out the big bucks for the OSTs.
LadyAyame

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:22 pm Reply with quote
CrackaJax wrote:

I think its agreed upon here that www.deepdiscountdvd.com is your best choice for DVDs, and you'll have to shell out the big bucks for the OSTs.

OMG!!!! Bootleg?!?!?!? Shocked

At deepdiscountdvd.com, how many bucks I'm gonna have to dish out? So this website is SAFE and has good quality too?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:29 pm Reply with quote
LadyAyame wrote:

At deepdiscountdvd.com, how many bucks I'm gonna have to dish out? So this website is SAFE and has good quality too?

DDD has the best prices I've seen for a lot of anime, and they also sell 100% legit merchandise. However, they don't have much in terms of anime soundtracks. But, you'll be happy to know what OSTs of their's I've seen average under $10, which is very good since they usually cost $14-21 in stores. DDD also offers free shipping, but they only take credit cards.

LadyAyame, I'm sorry to tell you this, but if you're going to want a legal version of the IY soundtracks, you'll have to import them. And yes, they'll probably cost more than $25, and you may have to use some kind of credit/debit card.

I've heard the best places to try are:

Anime Nation
CD Japan
Yes Asia

Hope this helps a little. Wink
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:29 pm Reply with quote
LadyAyame wrote:
CrackaJax wrote:

Yeah it's safe and is excellent quality, not to mention cheap! And for OSTs I'd say around 15-20 dollars. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
LadyAyame

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Animefreak08 wrote:
LadyAyame wrote:
CrackaJax wrote:

Yeah it's safe and is excellent quality, not to mention cheap! And for OSTs I'd say around 15-20 dollars. Sad

When I looked at deepdiscount.com, I couldn't find the anime soundtracks.
LadyAyame

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
LadyAyame wrote:

DDD has the best prices I've seen for a lot of anime, and they also sell 100% legit merchandise. However, they don't have much in terms of anime soundtracks. But, you'll be happy to know what OSTs of their's I've seen average under $10, which is very good since they usually cost $14-21 in stores. DDD also offers free shipping, but they only take credit cards.

LadyAyame, I'm sorry to tell you this, but if you're going to want a legal version of the IY soundtracks, you'll have to import them. And yes, they'll probably cost more than $25, and you may have to use some kind of credit/debit card.

I've heard the best places to try are:

Anime Nation
CD Japan
Yes Asia

Hope this helps a little. Wink

Thanks for the links, I'll be right back. I'm gonna try some of the links you gave me. Wink
RedvsBlue

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

I dont think deepdiscountdvd.com sells CD's.

If you plan on buy legitimate merchandise then the links Tony K listed are probably the best place to go.

If you truly dont care about the music industry and really do just want your music then animecastle might also have what you are looking for *Although their CD quality is terrible*

Do yourself a favor and check out the links Tony K put down. You wont regret it.

Last edited by RedvsBlue on Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:40 pm Reply with quote
LadyAyame wrote:

It's a little tricky. Type in the name of the anime, and it may bring it up. However, they only sell soundtracks that have been licensed in America (like Gungrave, .hack, Evangelion, etc.)

If you're looking for Inu Yasha in particular, I'm sorry to say it hasn't been licensed in America yet. Sad
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
LadyAyame wrote:

It's a little tricky. Type in the name of the anime, and it may bring it up. However, they only sell soundtracks that have been licensed in America (like Gungrave, .hack, Evangelion, etc.)

If you're looking for Inu Yasha in particular, I'm sorry to say it hasn't been licensed in America yet. Sad
Try the Yahoo! Japanese Auction site for Inu OSTs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Annie_Jr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Animefreak08 wrote:
Tony K. wrote:
LadyAyame wrote:

Try the Yahoo! Japanese Auction site for Inu OSTs.
Doesn't the Yahoo! Japan sites want you to pay Japanese yen for their products?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1