• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Answerman - 11/5 - YUA

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cassandra

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 7:55 pm Reply with quote
ADV has the license for the You're Under Arrest Specials. It was announced at Anime Expo 2001.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
darkstar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 10:36 pm Reply with quote
I sure hope they release them soon. I love YUA & the Specials are hysterical!!! Saw several of them at Otakon 2000 & was nearly falling out of my seat laughing! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cassandra

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 8:43 am Reply with quote
I haven't seen any release dates for them....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 10:22 am Reply with quote
You know, that's what I thought, but I couldn't find anything on the web to back that up, not even news archives. I'll fix it.

Natch, Anime on DVD was down that evening...

-Zac
Cassandra

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 10:44 am Reply with quote
It was kinda deceptive, since ADV has it listed as "You're Under Arrest Mini Series" in their press release.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 3:28 pm Reply with quote
I don't know... I'm a big fan of the manga (my second favourite after Oh My Goddess) and have read all 7 volumes (mostly in French) and I like the regular series and eagerly anticipate my preorder of the first mini box from AnimEigo, but I thought the specials were a little bit too T&A for my tastes... I know they were mainly based on the manga stories that were a little too risqué (though not overtly raunchy) for the regular anime series, but the T&A element was juiced up in the animated version, though I suppose, since the segments aired on Wonderful, one of those variety shows with lots of cute, cute women, that's not at all surprising. Not that I'm not intending on buying them when ADV does release them over here.

Also, while on the subject of YUA, I wonder if the live action You're Under Arrest DORAMA TV series will ever be licensed over here? I'd love to see it, though why is the chief of Bokuto Precinct a woman? The manga was already about 2 policewomen as the primary characters (with several other female police officers as supporting characters)... did they really need to make it that much more P.C.? And that will screw up one fairly major plot point from the manga, unless they make a major, major character a lesbian. And where are there two Honda Todays? I thought the Honda Today in the manga was really Miyuki's own car that she modified herself (though the origin of the car is never really explained in the manga). If there are two of them, it implies that these are standard issue police cars in Tokyo... but they'd be deathtraps for police officers in high speed chases in real life. And why is the theme song not sung by Sakiko Tamagawa and Akiko Hiramitsu but rather by... umm... Mariah freaking Carey? Interesting thread about it in RAAM.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1