• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Dream Anime

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Okay folks. If you were to start choosing artists, seiyuus, and other staff members to make your own anime. Who would it be, and what genre would you want it to be?

I'll start.

I want a mecha/exotic girlfriend/romance series with Hideaki Anno doing the mecha designs. (except not Eva style mecha, I want stuff like he did on Char's CounterAttack) Yoko Kanno working her magic on the music. Kousuke Fujishima creating the girls, and Yuu Watase creating the guys. Hajime Yadate (I know, it's a group of people at Sotsu working under a psuedonym) should write it, except that the relationships should be dealt with by the ladies of CLAMP. I'm not familiar enough with Japanese Seiyuus to name anyone beyond Kikuko Inoue. Though the dub cast would definitely have Sherri Lynn, Brian Drummond, David Kaye, and Juliet Cesario. Finally, I want Madhouse to animate it, and Pioneer to handle distribution.
SuperSkylineGTR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Personnally I would like to see a GOOD Armored Core anime. Maybe the guys who did the Patlabor movies can work on it.
However, what I would really like to see is an anime about illegal street racing(other then Initial D) in Japan or California. It does not have to be a long contiuning story, it could be a bunch of short stories from different points of view(Racers, friends/family of racers, the cops who chase tehm, etc). Now as far as who would do it, maybe Rob Cohen (JUST KIDDING Raygal, don't hurt me!)
garry
Former ANN Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 9:18 pm Reply with quote
I think my dream anime already got made, but I'm not sure... Hey, they DID make a Touch TV show!

But I don't like baseball all that much, so I guess I still have a dream show. So I'd like a sports anime, please, and hold the fantasy. No superhumans, only as much soap opera as you usually get in life, and extra realism. I'd like a football show that tought you football, the science, the art and so on. I'd like to show the pressures on the kids involved, on the men coaching them, and the schools paying the bill. What happens to a high schooler courted by Div-1A powerhouses? What about the no-talent broomstick who never gets playtime? They've all got stories that speak to me more than any high-school fighting/sports/robot fantasy ever did. I always knew more about throwing a block than a kame-hame-ha.

Why high school and not college? College athletics might be infinitely more fascinating, but it's a world I've yet to enter. Also, almost everyone's played a sport in high school, there's more of a connection between the average person watching and the characters onscreen.

The story would begin at the end of the final game, following the coaches and players through the off-season, introducing new characters as new players enroll in the fall and retiring old ones as seasons end.

Rambling and obtuse, I know. But I've been thinking about this one off and on for a long, long time. Might just have to write it when I'm retired.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1