• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Oct 29th Fruits Basket DVD, will have DBGT Preview

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 11:06 am Reply with quote
FUNimation new anime Fruits Basket DVD, will contain a preview from the U.S. dub version of DragonBall GT. The DVD will hit stores on October 29th, 2002. On the cover of the Fruits Basket DVD it says DBGT Preview.

There are 2 versions of the Fruits Basket DVD. The one containing DragonBall GT Preview is only $1.99 higher than the regular Fruits Basket DVD.

The DVD has Episodes 1 to 6 i think, and will hit stores October 29th. 8)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Yippie-skippie. That also means that DBGT is just a couple of months away from appearing on Toonami.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Jlbkwrm
Old Regular

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:14 pm Reply with quote
I think your information is a little messed up.

There is a Fruits Basket preview disc, though. It's, apparently, a string of interviews plus the dubbed version of the first two episodes of the show. There's reportedly some DB GT stuff on there. The FB preview disc is currently available at Suncoast for $1.99.

This is an entirely seperate release from the dual language, 6 ep disc coming at the end of the month.
ownerizer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Dragonball.....booo

the "Drag On Ball Z" and "Broken Record Anime"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Judau

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 4:51 am Reply with quote
ownerizer wrote:

Dragonball.....booo

the "Drag On Ball Z" and "Broken Record Anime"

Na, just a little in the Freezer saga.... othere than that it is great.... the anime that got me into anime.... Although GT kind of annoys me, at least for the first 25 eps, then a worth while villan comes into play, and it gets a little better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 9:02 am Reply with quote
Jlbkwrm wrote:

I think your information is a little messed up.

your right.. sorry my information was a little off.

According to Kyle Hebert a DBZ VA, The DBGT Preview is just a footage montage with no voices. To Kyle Hebert's knowledge, no dubbing has begun yet on DBGT. Funimation is still working on the final episodes of DBZ. In fact he went in this week to record the voice Captain Chicken (no joke!)

(Captain Chicken is a competitor in the 28th Tournament. )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1