• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fanfiction Writing Contest

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicci

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 4:35 pm Reply with quote
I received permission from Tempest to post this. ^^*

I just thought I might promote a friend's fanfiction (and original) contest on her site. But to enter it, you do have to be a member of the site. There is no entry fee, so entering it is completely free, and so is becoming a member. If you don't care for the site much, you can leave as quickly as you came, or just stay a member until after the contest. I hope this isn't considered "commercial."

Alright, now that that's said, and since everyone wants to know most about the prizes for winning, I'll mention that first.

Prizes:
1st place prize: a care package from Maryland and their story will be featured on a special page on her site.
2nd place: a care package.
3rd place: a choice of a manga or a surprise prize.
***This care package is a package that will contain things like candy, books, things like that, but IF you so desire, you can trade in the care package for a manga book. But the care package WILL be a better prize. Also, you'll have to give out an address (IF you win only) so she can send you the prize.

Theme of the Contest: A vacation trip. You can write about any type of vacation--summer, spring break, etc. Maybe a trip to an amusement park, a museum, or something other than these types of trips, like about a trip to another country. As long as it's a vacation, and not surrounding school.

Rules:
1) First, you DO have to be a member of the site.
2) You story can be any genre you want--romance, action/adventure, comedy, etc. And though anime fics are preferred, original stories will suffice just as well.
3) Your story must be at least 2 chapters but no longer than five. Please pay attention to proper grammar and structure (i.e. Paragraphs, please!). Hint: Pay attention to setting, plot, and the ending.
4) The rating should be between G and PG-13
5) The deadline is September 5th. All stories should be submitted under the contest category, but here's a little warning: people WILL be able to see it, so I suggest not posting until right before the end of the contest, but not the DAY OF.
***Also, one entry per person please.

Here's the link to the page: http://www.bchoyce.fu8.com/fiction/index.php

If you have any questions, you ask me here, or you can join the site, as well as the forums (a seperate site, but still considered part of Digital Fiction). Under announcements, there is a post already made.

http://www.digital-grunge.net/forum/index.php[/b][/i]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1