• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Pokemon episodes skipped in English dub.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhuhn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:54 am Reply with quote
You noticed that for viewers that watch Pokemon Battle Dimension, you noticed that two episodes were skipped and went to Crossing Paths.

The reason is that these episodes were dubbed, but the Pokemon Company in North America opted to put those episodes on hiatus until November.

Why November? First of all, these episodes feature Pokemon Rangers and second of all it is to promote the new Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia game for the DS.

So please be patient, you'll get to see the episodes, even if they are out of order at this time.

Last edited by jhuhn on Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dark Elf Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Pokemon Battle Dimensions is the new Pokemon Diamond & Pearl series right? Wow, how many Pokemon are they gonna make. I really like the first Pokemon series alot better.
But my question is why not just show the Pokemon episodes in order?
Agoston

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Dark Elf Warrior wrote:

But my question is why not just show the Pokemon episodes in order?

Well he (or she) answered that, it's to promote the new Pokemon Ranger game for DS but that's a pretty bad idea, showing two out of order episodes to promote something.. won't make much sense to the viewers.

I love the main Pokemon series games (leaf green, sapphire, pearl etc. etc.) I have over 450 hours clocked on Pearl, but I can't stand the anime. It's too formulaic for me, some generic problem like Pikachu getting kidnapped (happens WAY too often) and then Ash and whoever the current supporting characters are come in and save the day.

I remember watching the old series when I was a kid though, I enjoyed it back then but I think this new DP series is taking it a bit too far.
DoubleWide

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:51 am Reply with quote
Dark Elf Warrior wrote:
Pokemon Battle Dimensions is the new Pokemon Diamond & Pearl series right? Wow, how many Pokemon are they gonna make. I really like the first Pokemon series a lot better.

They are still discovering new creatures all the time, scientists have recently found a snake only 4 inches long! Why should the Pokemon world be any different? Of course if they stayed at 150, there would be just as many complaints about seeing the same Pokemon all the time. Mr. Green
jhuhn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:54 pm Reply with quote
There are now 493 different Pokemon in total.
Showsni

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Does that include Missingno?
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Showsni wrote:
Does that include Missingno?

Considering that Nintendo called Missingno a "programming quirk," I don't think he officially counts amongst the Pokemon lineup.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:14 pm Reply with quote
DoubleWide wrote:
Dark Elf Warrior wrote:
Pokemon Battle Dimensions is the new Pokemon Diamond & Pearl series right? Wow, how many Pokemon are they gonna make. I really like the first Pokemon series a lot better.

They are still discovering new creatures all the time, scientists have recently found a snake only 4 inches long! Why should the Pokemon world be any different? Of course if they stayed at 150, there would be just as many complaints about seeing the same Pokemon all the time. Mr. Green

Heh. Except there are horrible gaping plotholes in the Pokemon presentation of things, which involves placing character's pasts and childhoods amongst some of the Diamond/Pearl pokemon when in their present they live in a region where the "new Pokemon" haven't been discovered yet. Well, just the fact that you have "ancient" Pokemon being discovered constantly and NOT having the info shared with other researches like Oak or Ivy is silly, anyway.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Speaking of skipping episodes, I remember watching the Porygon episode from the very first season that caused the epileptic seizures in kids all over Japan when it first came out. That Episode I know got skipped, but that was ages ago. I can't believe it's been 12 years since I first started watching pokemon. Now I can't even keep up, still stuck on the original 151.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1