• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
does anyone else watch beyblade?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkeyray9

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:41 pm Reply with quote
umm...i knda feel like iam alone in this world, because the only people i know who watch beyblade is me and my friend!! Crying or Very sad does anyone else watch it???!!!???!!!???
Fenrir

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:07 pm Reply with quote
[EDIT - If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. -C]
ChaosPhoenix

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:57 pm Reply with quote
no one likes beybalde because its a childrens show. its some poor producers sad attempt at a cooler version of "Spinning Tops" or "dradle". personally i think its ok, and i watch it if its on, but I wont go out of my way to see it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
graywolf

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 10:24 pm Reply with quote
i agree. if you cant say anything nice dont say anything at all.

But that should not matter. The true question is, Do you like it? if so it should not matter what others say.

Its ok but it has on plot or real emotional problem, I think that it was made to sell murchandice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
monkeyray9

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 3:12 pm Reply with quote
i just went on mediaminer and it surprised me that lots of people actually like it Idea , even though almost everyone there "counted" the yaoi and yuri points and wrote fics to "explain" the couples Confused .
that really annoys me Mad , how people can wrek a good show by being perverts.
graywolf

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:20 pm Reply with quote
thats the people that we are surunded by. it is one of my goals to start introdusing to people that there is no need to go down that road.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
SekiGatha

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 9:49 pm Reply with quote
I have watched the first season. The show has to be one of the worst anime I have ever seen.

I have watched the second season. The animation is better and the introduction of a female character was good but was still pretty bad.

Overall, the show might entertain some people but it's a guilty pleasure to me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
aoi777

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 4:56 am Reply with quote
I don't dsilike the show. I wouldn't watch it though because the main charater tyson is annoying. I can't believe they made him the main charater.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:38 am Reply with quote
Having little ones of junior school age I have seen it, ( with them of course Wink ) and I have succumbed to the power of pestering and purchased the tops with a "Battle Stadium" It Was large on the playground for about one season, now the tops and the "stadium" are collecting dust in their toy box and when Bayblade is on they don't care anymore and have gone back to Poké-Mon. So that was money well spent then. Not Rolling Eyes
~geNki~

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:58 am Reply with quote
er. beyblades eh? iv seen the american remake of it. basically i think its for younger children and the plot is a bit off! i personally dont mind watching it but i would prefer to watch something more interesting. like someone else said, it was made to sell merchandise. My brothers got sucked in =S[/quote]
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 4:06 am Reply with quote
Fenrir wrote:
[EDIT - If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. -C]

Somehow I get the feeling it'd be best if I didn't post either. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Aki001

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:34 am Reply with quote
I watch the show but the drawing are too wierd a child having so much muscle. the other version is much more . . . good i guess Very Happy
Animefan16

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:50 pm Reply with quote
I used to like it but now i don't. But i kinda enjoy using the beyblades by brothers bought sometimes
Shamanistic_Trance

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:33 am Reply with quote
Beyblade series 1 only started getting good when the tournaments in Los angeles and in Moscow got started. before that it was a series of ridiculous plots - give us your bit beasts otherwise we'll destroy your beyblades, but instead of handing them over we must battle! - series 2 focused heavily on that plot. it has it's good points and bad points but most every anime does. it just so happens this one has been put in front of a crap plot
Lady Sango

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:31 pm Reply with quote
It's okay, but I haven't been able to see the show in awhile. The problems I have with the show(same with Yugioh and Duel Masters) is that the main character will win just because they believe in their cards or bitbeast, if they don't win they usually tie and if they lose it's because of some reason, not because they weren't good enough, and sometimes I get the feeling that the opponet's skill is better than the main character's, but the opponet still loses.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2