• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dragon Half..

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PuertoRicanMan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 8:38 am Reply with quote
I have a random question about this series. I know that ADV released two episodes, but are there any more episodes or is that the entire series?
Cassandra

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 8:47 am Reply with quote
Nope. That's it. There's a manga, but no more anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Gai Super Napalm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Cassandra wrote:

Hey is the rumor that some of the production staff got busted for drugs true? I mean, it wouldn't really surprise me given the content they spawned, but I always sorta shrugged that off as heresay.
Cassandra

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 12:48 pm Reply with quote
heehee! I have no idea about drugs but I wouldn't be surprised if most of the people that make anime are on some form of drug Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Isn't the whole "anything creative or outlandish must have been made under the influence of drugs" joke getting a LITTLE tired? I'm really getting sick of people saying "X is like series Y, except ON CRACK!" or "What were they smoking when they made this?!".

Maybe I'm just easily annoyed, but I wish people would give creative people a little more credit and come up with some new material.

-Zac
Tenchi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:50 pm Reply with quote
From the Dragon Half FAQ

Quote:
Rumor: "The head of the company which publishes Dragon Half was arrested"

My reply: Well, this is true. IIRC, Kadokawa Haruki had a bit of
cocaine trouble back in '96, and was carted off to jail for it. However, I don't see how this could affect the OAV releases of
Dragon Half. Kadokawa Shoten didn't publish these videos, Victor Entertainment did. And if it really did matter, the animated versions of Slayers would have never shown up.
Some people have actually misconstrued this news completely and say that it was the CREATOR (read: Mita) of Dragon Half that was arrested. Good lord, that is SO not true!! ^.^;;

Damn, I still haven't seen the Dragon Half OVA DVD on store shelves in Montreal (the release date was in September, according to AnimeOnDVD.com)... though I do have the soundtrack album/drama CD from Victor Japan when I need a Dragon Half fix. Wish they'd translate the manga to French...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cassandra

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

Maybe I'm just easily annoyed, but I wish people would give creative people a little more credit and come up with some new material.

Except that a majority of "creative" people use "creative" ways of finding inpiration for their "creations."

It's more of a stereotype than a joke.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Gai Super Napalm wrote:

Cassandra wrote:

Hey is the rumor that some of the production staff got busted for drugs true? I mean, it wouldn't really surprise me given the content they spawned, but I always sorta shrugged that off as heresay.

Nope, it's not true.
[but tenchi already answered it above. mwahahaha.]

Last edited by cookie on Wed Nov 06, 2002 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tenchi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 6:32 pm Reply with quote
True indeed, but I already posted all that information in this thread... I guess no one likes reading my posts *sniff*.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:

True indeed, but I already posted all that information in this thread... I guess no one likes reading my posts *sniff*.

oops.

i saw the question and jumped at it. i didn't actually read beyond it. ^^;;;;;;;;;;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1