• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Puella Magi Madoka Magica licensed?!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pantsmca

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:18 am Reply with quote
http://animeev.visibli.com/share/qtfXHF

"MadokaMagikaUSA.com has been registered by Aniplex of America. We confirmed this information by doing a whois search online and checking the registrant info as of 6/19/2011."

Looks like Aniplex of America got Madoka. Surprised
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:53 pm Reply with quote
I just love how when fans get excited, they never read the fineprint (okay it's not exactly fineprint, but I find it similar to the fineprint scenario).

Crunchyroll wrote:
Aniplex is an anime production and distribution subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment Japan. Aniplex of America has both release anime titles themselves (Durarara!!, Kara no Kyōkai) and brokered distribution deals with other companies (Fullmetal Alchemist, Guin Saga). As such, registration of the domain is not a direct indication that Puella Magi Madoka Magica will be released in North America, or, that is it is, it will be by Aniplex itself.

Now am I saying Madoka will not be licensed? No. Am I saying it will be licensed? Also no. All I'm advising is fans just best "wait and see" and not risk getting too excited over something that might not happen anyway and then get excessively disappointed or angry over something that may not end up even being confirmed by say, this coming Anime Expo. That's all.
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Does that mean we'll see American McDonalds serving kyuubei curry and offering dollies to fat male costumers with glasses and that metal thingie on their teeth?
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:54 pm Reply with quote
I really have no doubt that it will get licensed but yeah, domain names being registered is definitely not a real indication of anything.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1