• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Suggestion: show number of titles in public lists

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rage-demon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:46 pm Reply with quote
I've noticed that some of the public lists for my anime/manga have nothing in them (or very little). It would be nice if the link to that list would say how many titles the user has in them. Just something as simple as "Seen all (143)" or "Will not finish (0)". That way it's easier to avoid the empty lists and easier to find the larger ones.
Samurai CDZ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:07 pm Reply with quote
I like that idea. I've also been wondering/thinking about a couple things regarding the public lists.

You could add a section to the profile view in links to that person's anime. It would make it easier to go to somewhere list straight through the forum. Hit profile and then the link.

Or, you could take rage-demon's idea and put it right below each avatar. Anime seen: ### Manga Read: ###. Pull the numbers from peoples lists (using all + some). You could even link these directly to the person anime/manga completely bypassing my first suggestion.

I know Dan likes to keep it clean but I don't think it would change it that much.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1