• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
One Piece DVD release information.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomoyo714

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:55 pm Reply with quote
I was reading the new Anime Insider today and noticed they had a small blurb about the release of One Piece on uncut DVDs, in it they state that the "latest word" is that they will be releasing the series from episode one, instead of starting at the beginning of season three.

Does anyone know if there is any truth in this?
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:26 am Reply with quote
Tomoyo714 wrote:
Does anyone know if there is any truth in this?

Doubt they would have printed that if there was no truth to it. As of press time I'm sure that was the latest information they had. I believe they have stated at cons that they are dubbing all of the early episodes, not just Skypiea.

Personally, I think they should just start releasing the Skypiea arc single DVDs after they release the Episode of Alabaster movie and release the earlier stuff as box sets.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cheez-it

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:05 pm Reply with quote
I didn't even know there was a such thing as the "Uncut" version of one piece Shocked to me thats like hearing sailormoon has an uncut version. What is it showing blood or is it just random cussing they left out....I'm going to look it up.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Viz did recently drop their release of the edited 4kids/Toei version of the series. Still, this is pretty surprising since Funimation previously said they wouldn't be able to start from the beginning. (Or at least that's what I thought they'd said.)

Hope AI's got this one right.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:15 am Reply with quote
Cheez-it wrote:
I didn't even know there was a such thing as the "Uncut" version of one piece Shocked to me thats like hearing sailormoon has an uncut version. What is it showing blood or is it just random cussing they left out....I'm going to look it up.

Maybe you should look up uncut Sailor Moon while you're at it. Anime smile + sweatdrop

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DoubleWide

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:31 am Reply with quote
I've preordered my copy of Movie#8: Episode of Alabasta. Its one of my favorite arcs, it will do nicely until the uncut episodes are finally released, even if the story is severly truncated.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1